Bruce Levine says sources tell him The Cubs Want Britton

section18

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, theobird said:

Lange, Little and Short. Those are the guys I would have some interest in. Of course Alzolay and D eLa Cruz, but I don't think we can get into that region. I think Philly and the 'Stros make the most sense at this point.

They've been on the phone A LOT with the Phillies for the last few weeks regarding Manny. I'm sure Britton came up and they have a good sense as to what they'd be willing to offer. Depending on their priorities, I wouldn't be shocked if Philly is the destination. 

Almost every fan board has been drooling over Britton for weeks.  Every time he strikes out a batter or throws a good sinker the value goes up.  We will get a good return for Britton.  We also have the flexibility of adding other above average relievers so a team could really change their makeup right now by adding a top notch closer/set up guy and an above average reliever this close to the playoffs.  End of the day the Cubs farm system is better than ours and we can add value even though they aren't very deep.  

9 minutes ago, theobird said:

Lange, Little and Short. Those are the guys I would have some interest in. Of course Alzolay and D eLa Cruz, but I don't think we can get into that region. I think Philly and the 'Stros make the most sense at this point.

You're missing the best guys. Miguel Amaya, Tyson Miller, Corey Abbott, David Bote, Brailyn Marquez, etc etc. There's more than enough to get a deal done.

12 minutes ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

They've been on the phone A LOT with the Phillies for the last few weeks regarding Manny. I'm sure Britton came up and they have a good sense as to what they'd be willing to offer. Depending on their priorities, I wouldn't be shocked if Philly is the destination. 

Dan doesn't want to get finessed by Andy MacPhail, so he'll make sure not to deal with him.

4 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

You're missing the best guys. Miguel Amaya, Tyson Miller, Corey Abbott, David Bote, Brailyn Marquez, etc etc. There's more than enough to get a deal done.

I'm interested in your opinion, what do you think would be a fair offer for Britton?

Yeah, we'll get significantly less than the Indians gave up for Hand being that Britton is a rental.  Still, at least the Hand deal somewhat defines the market.  I'd day the centerpiece would be a top10, maybe even a top5 (if we're lucky) prospect from the acquiring team's farm system.  And maybe a throw in or two - lottery ticket types.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I'm interested in your opinion, what do you think would be a fair offer for Britton?

Based  on return the Os got from the Dodgers I don't think they want MLB ready guys and I knowing how ridiculously strenuous the  medicals are you can definitely write off number of guys. Anyways, if I'm the Orioles I'm asking for Miguel Amaya 19 year old catcher in A ball who has a cannon for an arm and pitching framing beyond his years. He's also flashing quite a bit of power for a 19 year old already having 12HR. The 2nd prospect I go risky on and pick lefty Brailyn Marquez. I say risky only because he's a pitcher and he's pitching in short season A ball so he's still a ways away. With that said, kid has electric stuff following a rise velocity that has seen him touch 97. He's striking out just over 12/9.

Archived