Bruce Levine says sources tell him The Cubs Want Britton

section18

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hand wasn't the only piece that was moved and they were both under team control past this season.

I think Britton nets a top 100 prospect from someone and that would almost guarantee a top 5 guy. The Orioles should look to deal Britton for a quality return as soon as they can.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MikeAD said:

Almost every fan board has been drooling over Britton for weeks.  Every time he strikes out a batter or throws a good sinker the value goes up.  We will get a good return for Britton.  We also have the flexibility of adding other above average relievers so a team could really change their makeup right now by adding a top notch closer/set up guy and an above average reliever this close to the playoffs.  End of the day the Cubs farm system is better than ours and we can add value even though they aren't very deep.  

Sure the Cubs want him but so will half of the clubs in baseball. He's gotten back and has shaken off the rust at a perfect time. The Cubs are gone to talk with but I doubt their the highest bidder.

I would discuss a deal with the Indians, Astros, Phillies, and perhaps the Dodgers if we are willing to pay his salary. All of the including the Dodgers have a better system than the Cubs.

Id want someone in their top 10, a second within 25, and a lottery ticket.

Astros  Alacala/Perez/Martin/Armenteros and Arauz

Phillies  Romero/Suarez/De Los Santos and Irvin or Maton

Dodgers Smith and Gonsolin

N Jones/Civale and Clement/Aiken

44 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Based  on return the Os got from the Dodgers I don't think they want MLB ready guys and I knowing how ridiculously strenuous the  medicals are you can definitely write off number of guys. Anyways, if I'm the Orioles I'm asking for Miguel Amaya 19 year old catcher in A ball who has a cannon for an arm and pitching framing beyond his years. He's also flashing quite a bit of power for a 19 year old already having 12HR. The 2nd prospect I go risky on and pick lefty Brailyn Marquez. I say risky only because he's a pitcher and he's pitching in short season A ball so he's still a ways away. With that said, kid has electric stuff following a rise velocity that has seen him touch 97. He's striking out just over 12/9.

I like it.

42 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

I think Britton nets a top 100 prospect from someone and that would almost guarantee a top 5 guy. The Orioles should look to deal Britton for a quality return as soon as they can.

You definitely need to be more clear when talking about prospects. Mejia is a top 10 prospect in baseball. When you said what you did, it sure sounded like you meant a top 5 guy in baseball.

I'd say he nets us a guy in the ballpark of the top 100 for sure, but I also really like the idea of getting a couple risky but super upside pieces as @Tryptaminestated. We lack upside pieces like that in our system.

Thanks for the detailed comments.  We seem to have a problem finding a solid catcher.  Should we trade for a young catcher already on a mlb roster or try to develop one like we did with Sisco? I've heard positive things about Arnaya the 19 year old you mentioned and would be okay with him in the deal. I would like to try to get some AAA players in this deal and remaining deals that can help us now or in the next 12 months.

1 hour ago, theobird said:

Lange, Little and Short. Those are the guys I would have some interest in. Of course Alzolay and D eLa Cruz, but I don't think we can get into that region. I think Philly and the 'Stros make the most sense at this point.

Funny, I read this as “Large, Little and Short.”    

3 minutes ago, section18 said:

Thanks for the detailed comments.  We seem to have a problem finding a solid catcher.  Should we trade for a young catcher already on a mlb roster or try to develop one like we did with Sisco? I've heard positive things about Arnaya the 19 year old you mentioned and would be okay with him in the deal. I would like to try to get some AAA players in tis deal and remaining deals that can help us now or in the next 12 months.

Zero reason to do this.

I get we want something fun to watch/something of substance on our MLB team, but we are already behind the 8 ball for a rebuild with a middle of the pack farm and little young talent at the MLB level. No reason to short our return by getting someone safe with little upside in AA/AAA when we are in our stage. Go for the young guys with upside.

That would be my one gripe with the Manny return, but at least Diaz/Kremer/Bannon are all around that range and do hold decent upside. Getting a 4th piece like Pop who has upside to be a 8th inning/possible closer is pretty nice too. But I def would have liked to see a guy like 19 year old Starling Heredia who has considerable upside in that deal. Same reason why I was sort of excited about the prospect of Yadi Alvarez who has dominating stuff but issues with command (ace potential though). 

We gotta get some more guys in our system like that. Usually that'd come from the IFA market but we haven't been a part of that.

1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

Based  on return the Os got from the Dodgers I don't think they want MLB ready guys and I knowing how ridiculously strenuous the  medicals are you can definitely write off number of guys. Anyways, if I'm the Orioles I'm asking for Miguel Amaya 19 year old catcher in A ball who has a cannon for an arm and pitching framing beyond his years. He's also flashing quite a bit of power for a 19 year old already having 12HR. The 2nd prospect I go risky on and pick lefty Brailyn Marquez. I say risky only because he's a pitcher and he's pitching in short season A ball so he's still a ways away. With that said, kid has electric stuff following a rise velocity that has seen him touch 97. He's striking out just over 12/9.

Lange, Caratini, Bote seem like good targets for the O's as well.  Maybe Dillon Maples if they want upside.  Bass, Rosario, Norwood could enter the discussion too.

4 minutes ago, davearm said:

Lange, Caratini, Bote seem like good targets for the O's as well.  Maybe Dillon Maples if they want upside.  Bass, Rosario, Norwood could enter the discussion too.

I would do Bote, Maples, and a lottery ticket from the Cubs.

9 minutes ago, davearm said:

I think Bote is perfect for the Orioles, but they don't seem to want MLB ready guys. I'll admit I kind of want to keep Bote around so he can take Zobrist's role after next year. He's played really well this year.

4 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

I would do Bote, Maples, and a lottery ticket from the Cubs.

It's odd to say a guy like Bote that has no path to regular playing time with the Cubs would be tough to lose, but he'd be tough to lose.  Great depth piece that is just a callup away in case of injury.  Would be cool to see him play every day for a rebuilding team like the O's.

Bote + Maples is for sure a reasonable ask.

1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

I think Bote is perfect for the Orioles, but they don't seem to want MLB ready guys. I'll admit I kind of want to keep Bote around so he can take Zobrist's role after next year. He's played really well this year.

The guys on this board don't seem too interested in guys like Bote.  I wouldn't project that onto the FO necessarily.  They did just take back a bigleague utility guy for MM.

Archived