Manny’s farewell statement

Frobby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing FRobby. I mean, Manny has said all the right things. At some point, you just have to believe that this is what is in his heart. He's had a great career here. I've loved watching him. I hope he wins it all in LA!

26 years old is a kid? I guess that's why so many late 20's early 30 somethings still live with their parents. Glad my 26 year old is a grown up. Manny was a great Oriole, I wish him nothing but success this season and the years beyond.

I usually roll my eyes at these “player communiques to the fans” as they are so obviously ghost written by PR suits. This actually had an authenticity to it though.

Thanks to Manny for everything in BAL- and wishing him all the best in LA. I hope he stays out there too. Great class, and tradition with the Dodgers (IMHO). When I think of all the “mega teams” (NYY, BOS, LAD, CUBS, WAS, etc.)- they are definitely my favorite.

The joy he played the game with will be remembered by me forever.  "Kid" is the perfect word for him.  That joy was pure and child-like.  And sure, he got frustrated sometimes, but that's what kids do ;).  He's not perfect, but everything I've ever seen from him tells me that his heart is in the right place, and is very large.  He's a great person and one hell of a ballplayer, and this farewell (whether written with the assistance of a PR person or not) was very well penned.

Now go get yourself a ring, kid.

55 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Markakis took out a full page ad in the Baltimore Sun when he left. Good to see Manny with some nice words.

Better to use social media, where people will actually see it. 

Archived