John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

I hope for AJ's sake that he gets to go to a pennant contender. I can't believe HE isn't pushing hard for a trade. Perhaps he is, but I lose some respect for a ball player who wants to stay on a loser to avoid the stress of a pennant race, hopefully that's not him

I can't believe you actually would think that Adam Jones wouldn't want to be in a pennant race.   It has nothing to do with "avoiding stress".   It has to do with his loyalty and love for the Orioles.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

I can't believe you actually would think that Adam Jones wouldn't want to be in a pennant race.   It has nothing to do with "avoiding stress".   It has to do with his loyalty and love for the Orioles.

Well if the O's loved him back they would set him free

I think there's definitely a market for Jones.  Obviously Philly and Cleveland.  I really thought that the Astros wouldn't be interested in him at one of the corners, with Kyle Tucker (.468 OPS) in LF and Josh Reddick in RF (.754 OPS).  Even if you think Tucker is going to trend up since he's only 21 and a top prospect, I have to believe Jones would be a short-term improvement.  Reddick was doing really poorly, but he's come on and his stats are similar to Jones at this point.

1 minute ago, Sir_Loin said:

O’s like Kilóme, Jose Taveras, Quinn, and Pujols from phillies. Hard to tell what a return for Jones would net you. 

Taveras or Kilome is who I'd bet on.

Have you heard much about the likelihood of Jones, Gausman, Schoop, or Bundy moving? Obviously Jones most likely, but any idea how likely for each?

Just now, ISU94 said:

Taveras or Kilome is who I'd bet on.

Have you heard much about the likelihood of Jones, Gausman, Schoop, or Bundy moving? Obviously Jones most likely, but any idea how likely for each?

Taveras or Quinn*

I think Kilome would likely be too much. But man would I be happy if we were able to nab him.

9 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Kind of a weird thing to say if he hasn't been approached about a trade. But I guess he has to figure he's the next one to go

He’s all class. I think he knows what is going on but also wants people to still buy tickets to raise money for this charity. I could see him re-signing with us in the offseason. It would be nice to get one of the Phillies guys that were mentioned. 

11 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Kind of a weird thing to say if he hasn't been approached about a trade. But I guess he has to figure he's the next one to go

I don't think it means that at all. The tailgate is on November 25, when he'll be a free agent anyway.

10 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Who says he hasn’t been approached by now?   Those reports were from several days ago and since then we know he had dinner with John Angelos.    It’s almost inconceivable that this topic wouldn’t have come up.   

25 minutes ago, Santandah said:

hmmmm....

12 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

If he's like me and has nothing big on his calendar for months (and let's face it, not much baseball related that's really too big for the O's now), it's probably on his mind. And I imagine there's still a lot of planning that's months ahead. Definitely he's thinking about how things could change between now and then.

Archived