John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Duquette is just making himself look like a villain.  I don't know why he has to bash Jones.  First off Jones has been saying all this time no one approached him about waiving his no trade rights.  So why try to trade him without discussing it first?  Jones deserves as much and he can't trade him without his permission.   Jones has been here 11 years and works in the community and has been outstanding player and person in his career here.   Jones took a below market value contract to stay with the team.  DD was ready to leave the first chance he had.  

Bashing Jones?  How?  He said the team is looking to get younger.  That's not  bashing Jones.  He said Jones is unlikely to be traded before the deadline.  That is not bashing Jones.  What are you talking about?

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Shift Jones to right in September if Mullins  is called up.  I think Jones would understand.

His days as a CF are over, and Orioles to break in Mullins.

Jones no longer has the arm for right field.

It would be better if he was off the 25 man and the 40 man so one of the young outfielders can get a chance.

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It wouldn’t be bad to have Mullins in LF being mentored by Jones for 50 games. Mullins has been around a lot in ST the last two years though so that might be overrated. 

Why not put Jones in Right and have Mullins be the center fielder?  Jones is rated most similar player to Andre Dawson in his career to date.  Dawson played first 9 seasons in Center and then moved to a corner outfield spot and played until he was 41.  Not sure why Jones would be opposed to be moving to a corner spot.  He also posted a Mullins play on his twitter account recently.  I am sure he would be happy to move to a corner spot if a younger guy with more range was ready to play. 

Just now, atomic said:

Why not put Jones in Right and have Mullins be the center fielder?  Jones is rated most similar player to Andre Dawson in his career to date.  Dawson played first 9 seasons in Center and then moved to a corner outfield spot and played until he was 41.  Not sure why Jones would be opposed to be moving to a corner spot.  He also posted a Mullins play on his twitter account recently.  I am sure he would be happy to move to a corner spot if a younger guy with more range was ready to play. 

Jones doesn't have the arm for right field, not anymore.

You could move him to left but you have Mancini there.

17 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

How did Duquette bash Jones?

The way it works is you see if there is interest and then see if Jones will waive his no trade. What would be the point in talking to Jones if no one is interested? Then you have just told your veteran player that you want to trade him for no reason.

Why does either one have to be a bad guy?

I haven't read where DD bashed Jones. 

4 minutes ago, badmamajama said:

I find it weird that Jones would turn down a trade to a contender. This might be his last chance to play for one. At age 32 and dwindling production, not too many teams will be lining up to sign him.

Yeah, I feel he's going to be disappointed with what contracts are offered him in the off season.

47 minutes ago, atomic said:

Duquette is just making himself look like a villain.  I don't know why he has to bash Jones.  First off Jones has been saying all this time no one approached him about waiving his no trade rights.  So why try to trade him without discussing it first?  Jones deserves as much and he can't trade him without his permission.   Jones has been here 11 years and works in the community and has been outstanding player and person in his career here.   Jones took a below market value contract to stay with the team.  DD was ready to leave the first chance he had.  

Jones did not take a below market deal.    

Archived