Kudos From Ken

Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

"Whoever is responsible" is a veiled dig, of course. This is the equivalent of him saying a blind squirrel finds a nut, etc.

I would view it as a compliment with a veiled dig inside it.  I mean, it's certainly a fair dig.  The O's most devoted fans don't know for sure who is pulling the strings at this point.   I don't think he's calling us blind squirrels at all though.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

"Whoever is responsible" is a veiled dig, of course. This is the equivalent of him saying a blind squirrel finds a nut, etc.

I don't read it that way--that would be equivalent to him suggesting that the O's FO lacks skill. I think it's a dig at the team's much-maligned chain of command. The "take a bow" also encourages Dan to keep stepping forth and seizing the reins. Rosenthal's problem hasn't been with the O's per se, but Peter Angelos. I'm guessing that he welcomes Duquette Unbound as a sign that the patriarch is finally withdrawing.

12 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I don't read it that way--that would be equivalent to him suggesting that the O's FO lacks skill. I think it's a dig at the team's much-maligned chain of command. The "take a bow" also encourages Dan to keep stepping forth and seizing the reins. Rosenthal's problem hasn't been with the O's per se, but Peter Angelos. I'm guessing that he welcomes Duquette Unbound as a sign that the patriarch is finally withdrawing.

Exactly. A veiled dig inside the compliment. I am not saying the compliment isn't genuine but there is a dig there too. It wouldn't be a Rosenthal quote on the O's without one.

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Exactly. A veiled dig inside the compliment. I am not saying the compliment isn't genuine but there is a dig there too. It wouldn't be a Rosenthal quote on the O's without one.

That certainly is true!

Archived