Bundy is Broken

weams

Something I do to evaluate a pitcher's quality/consistency: For every ten appearances, remove a starter's worst and best start based earned runs given up.

Bundy, with a 4.39 ERA right now, has his ERA go down to 3.87 if you remove the horrific 7 run appearance, his 8 shutout innings, a 7 inning shutout, and 7 earned runs over 4.667 innings.

This backs up the many assessments of Bundy as a #3 starter.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2018 at 3:38 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/29) 

Somebody glued him back together for today's game.

o

On 8/5/2018 at 12:04 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. RANGERS, 8/04) 

Ace Marotta did a pretty good job on Bundy before this game, too

1 Earned Run over 6 Innings Pitched.

o

o

(vs. RED SOX, 8/10) 

TKO'd in the 6th round.

o

46 minutes ago, joelala said:

A once dazzling starting pitcher prospect who  now looks like he may be more suited for the bullpen. 

What’s happened to this guy, I haven’t been able to watch.  I still remember some of his dazzling starts in 2016. Have we lost even that guy? Forget the uber prospect with the triple digit fastball. What happened to the guy that could mix four average to plus pitches? 

1 hour ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

What’s happened to this guy, I haven’t been able to watch.  I still remember some of his dazzling starts in 2016. Have we lost even that guy? Forget the uber prospect with the triple digit fastball. What happened to the guy that could mix four average to plus pitches? 

He's had some dazzling starts this year too. I still think he's not 100% healthy. Command isn't there and the strikeouts have been down lately.

4 hours ago, Malike said:

It honestly looked like Eovoldi got squeezed about a dozen times as well.

Yeah, the zone was small for both sides. Let's not act like this is what caused Bundy to be terrible or the Orioles to lose.

Archived