Extend Dan and Buck... Now

Bradysburns

I know some of us have mixed feelings about Dan and Buck. 

But if ownership unleashed Dan again... 

And if Buck still has the fire in his belly to win a championship, and is willing to oversee a rebuild...

Then I'd extend them both right now, for 3-5 years. 

I couldn't think of two better, more professional, conscientious men to lead the charge here. 

And with Dan talking about improved data-based decision-making, opening up the international markets, etc., I'm 100% down. 

I could imagine the organization changing around these two... adding technical analysts, top-tier scouting teams and the like. 

At the same time, these two guys have forgotten more about baseball than I could ever hope to learn. It comes down to trust, I guess. And something about me says: you can trust these guys... as long as they're allowed to operate freely. 

Thoughts? Would you rather see some youth come in, with proven data expertise, etc.? 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

I think I'm ready for a change in manager.   I wouldn't be upset with Buck, but I think we need a change.  

His love affair with his players gets under my skin sometimes.

But I think you'd be hard pressed to find a good manager who doesn't end up in that boat with a team as cohesive as the Orioles have been the past 5-6 years.

21 minutes ago, Bradysburns said:

I know some of us have mixed feelings about Dan and Buck. 

But if ownership unleashed Dan again... 

And if Buck still has the fire in his belly to win a championship, and is willing to oversee a rebuild...

Then I'd extend them both right now, for 3-5 years. 

I couldn't think of two better, more professional, conscientious men to lead the charge here. 

And with Dan talking about improved data-based decision-making, opening up the international markets, etc., I'm 100% down. 

I could imagine the organization changing around these two... adding technical analysts, top-tier scouting teams and the like. 

At the same time, these two guys have forgotten more about baseball than I could ever hope to learn. It comes down to trust, I guess. And something about me says: you can trust these guys... as long as they're allowed to operate freely. 

Thoughts? Would you rather see some youth come in, with proven data expertise, etc.? 

Resign Dan but fire Brady and Buck. 

Yes Dan, unfortunately no Buck.  Bring in some younger blood who will fully buy into the analytics changes Dan wants to make.  Only keep Buck if he promises to be fully on board with this.

Also, this thread should read "Re-sign Dan and Buck," I thought it was another thread calling for them to both be fired.

Just now, joelala said:

Yes Dan, unfortunately no Buck.  Bring in some younger blood who will fully buy into the analytics changes Dan wants to make.  Only keep Buck if he promises to be fully on board with this.

Also, this thread should read "Re-sign Dan and Buck," I thought it was another thread calling for them to both be fired.

Or resign, as it were.

Archived