Trade Cabrera after his next dominant start

broberts

It seems as though Daniel Cabrera will never fix his control problems and he is only getting older with the Orioles. I'd say trade Cabrera after his next dominant start so we would get something very valuable back in return. Cabrera is 26 now and I'd think it would be best to trade him before he gets too old and ruins his value even more. Thoughts?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think one dominant start is going to sway people one way or the other about Daniel, but he does need to be traded.

I wanted him to succeed as much as anyone else but he's looking terrible this year. His pitches aren't quite as wild as they have been in the past maybe, but he still has no idea where they're going. He refuses to use his changeup, so the league knows they just have to sit on his fastball. If his curve isn't on, it's game over for Daniel.

If there's a team out there that still thinks he can hit his ceiling, we need to take whatever they give for him. With Olson up tomorrow and Penn and Loewen due back by next year, we don't need to sit around squeezing the piece of charcoal that is Daniel Cabrera hoping he turns into a diamond anymore.

I don't think one dominant start is going to sway people one way or the other about Daniel, but he does need to be traded.

I wanted him to succeed as much as anyone else but he's looking terrible this year. His pitches aren't quite as wild as they have been in the past maybe, but he still has no idea where they're going. He refuses to use his changeup, so the league knows they just have to sit on his fastball. If his curve isn't on, it's game over for Daniel.

If there's a team out there that still thinks he can hit his ceiling, we need to take whatever they give for him. With Olson up tomorrow and Penn and Loewen due back by next year, we don't need to sit around squeezing the piece of charcoal that is Daniel Cabrera hoping he turns into a diamond anymore.

It would just show the other teams the capabilities that DC has

My thoughts here aren't a knee jerk reaction to tonight's start, because I said we should trade him earlier today. I don't think we wait until his next dominant start, I say we trade him as soon as possible, before he keeps racking up medicore starts and in hopes that some out there think he has bigger upside. I just dont see it ever happening with this guy. Like Ponson (and I'm not saying they are similar pitchers, just similar situations), we could wait too long for him to 'put it together' and end up with nothing..

I'd gladly trade him for a solid young hitter. I'm tired of games like this. One dominant start won't fool anyone, except maybe us.

Well said, Frobby. Daniel is who he is. If some other team thinks they can turn him into something else, so be it. I just hope the FO is looking for that sucker of a team right now. Daniel is never going to be a dominant pitcher. He's not Randy Johnson.

Hopefully the team knows this. And hopefully the rest of the league doesn't already know that hes not worth it. I fear, as usual, that we missed the boat on an opportunity because we were too enamored with our 'young arms'. I like Hayden Penn, but I wouldn't bet the farm on him either. We have to be willing to cash in these chips.

Guest oriofan8
Well a dominant start right before his trade wouldn't hurt

Might actually have to wait awhile for that...:(

If the Orioles are smart, they are telling Cabrerra...."dont worry about anything, just keep pitching the way you like. Dont worry about your stats, dont worry about being traded. Continue to gain confidence in your pitches....the results will come"

There is no way on earth this guy will not get better all the time. He started pitching late in life and he has a hard head. But he will mature. And he stays healthy for the most part. I would not worry about him at all right now. Lock him up for many years and let him do his thing. I have faith that this guy is a big part of our future.

Finally, did anyone hear the Whitesox announcer tonight? They said when he is on he has Nintendo type stuff. No way you EVER give up on someone like this

Archived