Trade Cabrera after his next dominant start

broberts

I'll have to agree with you

one of the things people don't seem to pay any attention to is the fact that he STARTED playing baseball at 17, hes gonna keep growing.

above all i don't see why people are trying to trade him, he's not the one holding this team back.

As someone who has played the game, this is the hardest sport in the world. You cant teach someone the game no matter how talented they are. This guy started very late. He wasnt a fan. He doesnt understand the pressure, stats, etc.

He will get it eventually.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As someone who has played the game, this is the hardest sport in the world. You cant teach someone the game no matter how talented they are. This guy started very late. He wasnt a fan. He doesnt understand the pressure, stats, etc.

He will get it eventually.

Think he'll understand the concept of the strike zone? That could be a start ;)

I'll have to agree with you

one of the things people don't seem to pay any attention to is the fact that he STARTED playing baseball at 17, hes gonna keep growing.

above all i don't see why people are trying to trade him, he's not the one holding this team back.

Which also means that fundamental baseball knowledge will probably never develop, especially in a pressure cooker like the major leagues. And when you have 4-5 bad starts in a row, a pitcher absolutely holds the team back, especially when taxing an already suspect bullpen.

He's certainly not one of the ones helping this team get ahead.

what i mean to say is he's not a problem IMO and is not a priority right now, we should really be waiting it out on DCab and attending to other problems (bullpen).

I was telling people last year that we should trade Cabrera to the Diamondbacks for Carlos Gonzalez. Carlos was an A ball prospect back then.

I was laughed at.

I knew from the get-go Cabrera wasn't much.

I'm sorry but this guy is worse than Ben McDonald,Sid Ponson, and even Brad Pennington (now that's BAD).

:eek:

He's not that bad...I see him as a solid fourth starter. I wouldn't mind trading him for a decent bat.

He's not that bad...I see him as a solid fourth starter. I wouldn't mind trading him for a decent bat.

You're right. He isn't that bad.

:o

Wonder if Minaya would take Cabrera in exchange for Milledge?

These guys might benefit from a change of scenery.

Milledge couldn't be much worse than Patterson.

I'm sorry, but he's a problem. He doesn't give the team a chance to win in most of his starts.

at any rate I dont think thats the case, yes hes been giving up alot of home runs this year but our record when he starts is 8-8 and i remember two starts (toronto and minnesota) where he pitched solid games (allowing 2 in 8 innings and 3 in seven) but we still lost because our bats went silent, we should be 10-6 with him pitching, but were not and thats what i mean when i say hes not the problem with this team

remember, on this team your not giving them a good chance to win unless your pitching complete game shutouts.

He has reached his end with us he is a two pitch pitcher who doesn't take instruction from two very good coaches (Ray Miller & Leo Mazzone). He was sent to the minors last year, but that effect has not helped. He hardly ever comes up big when you need him. We need to trade him to the West Coast to the Nat'l League so we don't have to deal with this headcase. Guthrie is in effect replacing him so let's get a good bat for him!!

Also, i like Tremblay so far with his managing in regards to less sac bunts & with the lineup changes!!

Cabrera NEEDS a third pitch. Your not going to have much success throwing two pitches. I know he is over powering, but that doesnt help when you have no command. He cant throw the curve for a strike so he needs to throw a changeup for a strike so he can get the hitters to swing at the curve.

Cabrera NEEDS to get this through his head. I was waiting all night for him to break out the changeup but he never did.

Drungo's numbers prove that, more often than not, guys like Daniel with incredible "stuff" fizzle out, as opposed to turning into Randy Johnson
Drungo's numbers don't proove anything; they indicate tendancies and probabilities. I'm sure he would be the first to agree with me on that.

Drungo's numbers don't proove anything; they indicate tendancies and probabilities. I'm sure he would be the first to agree with me on that.

Okay, whatever, argue the phrasing of what I said. What I said still has a lot of truth to it. Historically, guys like Daniel are more prone to fizzle out than blossom.

Archived