Worksheet for Today's Thinking Fan

weams

2 minutes ago, Why Not? said:

If you're only going to a baseball game to see which team wins, you're doing it wrong. 

Amen, depending on the circumstances.    

I used to have a strict “never leave until the final out” policy, but now I make exceptions.   

12 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

WWDD
What Would @Dipper9 Do??

The early exit cheat sheet
LEAVE AFTER THE    IF THE LEADER IS UP
1st inning    6 runs
2nd    6
3rd    5
4th    5
5th    4
6th    4
7th    3
8th    2
According to our statistical model, based on 2010-2015 regular season inning-by-inning scoring data,3 you should leave after the sixth inning if the leading team is ahead by four or more runs. There is a less than 5 percent chance that the other team will deliver a miracle comeback. If the run differential exceeds two at the top of the ninth, it’s safe to head to 

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Amen, depending on the circumstances.    

I used to have a strict “never leave until the final out” policy, but now I make exceptions.   

Same here. I'll admit I have split before the final out on occasion for various reasons.

I just want to soak in every moment of being at a ballgame that I can. Assuming I have no immediate plans, I'll happily watch the last three innings of a 12-1 blowout. 

41 minutes ago, weams said:

Well not to be too antagonistical, but the OP title is probably off by just a little.

1)  No thinking fan I know of leaves a game because it is already "decided".

2)  Anyone who would use this chart automatically can't be a "thinking fan"!

3)  If you have ever explained something unusual and unexpected as: "That's Baseball!"  You are probably a thinking fan and could care less about this chart.

4)  Using this chart misses 100% of all baseball late inning heroics.  

5)  Item #4 can be stated with 100% certainty.

6)  So, in conclusion, if I had to look at this sheet and predict it's usefulness, I would have named the OP:

Worksheet for todays Boston Redsox Fan!

17 minutes ago, Why Not? said:

Same here. I'll admit I have split before the final out on occasion for various reasons.

I just want to soak in every moment of being at a ballgame that I can. Assuming I have no immediate plans, I'll happily watch the last three innings of a 12-1 blowout. 

I attended the 30-3 game and stayed for the entirety of the second game of the doubleheader as well.   Ended around 1 a.m. as I recall, and I had to get up around 4:30 a.m. to catch a plane.    But I’d never do that now.  

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I know there's a 100% chance of Dipper leaving early to a game that will be the turning point in the Orioles fortunes over the next 5 years to come! :D

Friday night I stayed through an 80 minute rain delay, a 15 run barrage, a concert from Mrs Brach, and a fireworks show.  I did all this to make sure we could pull to within 30 games of the third place Rays!  Lol

12 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Friday night I stayed through an 80 minute rain delay, a 15 run barrage, a concert from Mrs Brach, and a fireworks show.  I did all this to make sure we could pull to within 30 games of the third place Rays!  Lol

Humanup!  ?

Archived