Who Goes Today?

weams

Who Goes Today?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who Goes Today?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/18 at 16:02

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think Adam Jones gets a shot to join the Yankees and doesn’t turn it down. Gausman is the wildcard. Everyone always needs pitching. The NL Central teams could get in a bidding war/game or keep away over him. 

Why would Adam want to ride the pine once Judge returns? Whoever the Yankees acquire will be a 4th outfielder.

Cashner seems like the most ideal combination of expendability on our side and potential value to a contender. There have been zero rumors of interest in him, but he seems like the best fit on the roster to find a trade. I did see that the Twins had to eat $4M of Lynn, that could explain why Cashner is still here.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Cashner seems like the most ideal combination of expendability on our side and potential value to a contender. There have been zero rumors of interest in him, but he seems like the best fit on the roster to find a trade. I did see that the Twins had to eat $4M of Lynn, that could explain why Cashner is still here.

I don't agree.  I don't think he brings back enough to make up for the aggravation of having to replace him on next year's roster.

I'm thinking no one, simply because the Orioles don't have to compromise on a return for most of their remaining vets.  They have the opportunity to move them in the off season or some other later time, so any offer for our guys has to be near the max value of return for us to consider it.  Hence our guys will likely all be more expensive than other options out there today.

Hey, maybe some team will decide someone is worth the price and surprise us with a great offer.  But I doubt that it will go down that way.

Just now, clapdiddy said:

I picked no one.  I believe that DD and the rest of the FO don't feel we're going to get the value needed for dealing Schoop, Givens, and/or Gausman.

How much value do they expect in return for a guy they aren't willing to extend?

Just now, DirtyBird said:

How much value do they expect in return for a guy they aren't willing to extend?

I'm assuming you are talking about Schoop?  If so, I would still expect something good back for a guy who is still under a team's control for another season.

Archived