O's are 5-1 vs Yankees in NY.

Natty

5 minutes ago, Natty said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/orioles-bring-winning-record-against-yankees-series-003736789--mlb.html

"NEW YORK -- In games played in New York, the Baltimore Orioles are 5-1. Everywhere else, the Orioles are 27-73."

They have played 10 games.  6 in Baltimore and 4 in NY.  The Orioles are 2-4 at home and 3-1 in NY.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/head2head.cgi?teams=BAL&from=2018&to=2018

2 hours ago, Natty said:

Can someone explain this? 

We barely beat (two one-run victories) a disspirited Mets team that was looking particularly miserable at the time and two of the wins over the Y's were in extra innings. Of course, I hope things keep rolling our way, but I fear things are going to even out soon considering the loss of Manny and the Brach & Zach attack. The Y's broadcasters and talk shows go beserk after every O's victory over the Yankees. They just can't believe it and go on and on complaining about our poor record against Boston.

I'd love to see Fry, Carroll, and Givens outperform Britton, Betances, and Chapman in the series that starts today....

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Nice jinx thread.   

o

The notion of jinxing a team that has an overall record of 32-74 is mildly reminiscent of the 1972 Watergate scandal, when five adversaires of the Democratic party broke into its national committee headquarters office complex in June ........ even though their party wound up winning the November election by a margin of 520 to 17 in the Electoral College.

o

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

The notion of jinxing a team that has an overall record of 32-74 is mildly reminiscent of the 1972 Watergate scandal, when five adversaires of the Democratic party broke into its national committee headquarters office complex in June ........ even though their party wound up winning the November election by a margin of 520 to 17 in the Electoral College.

o

Well, I won’t insist on any Congressional hearings on why this thread was started.   

Archived