Orioles Deal Gausman/O'Day to Braves - Schoop to Brewers

weams

1 minute ago, esmd said:

This tells me that the Oriole's think Gausman is as good as he's ever going to be.  Otherwise I think they'd hang on to him.  We shall see.  Hope he's not the next Cy Young Award winner that we ship out of town.

They might be trying to shed cash.  Gausman should get a big raise next year. 

Just now, esmd said:

This tells me that the Oriole's think Gausman is as good as he's ever going to be.  Otherwise I think they'd hang on to him.  We shall see.  Hope he's not the next Cy Young Award winner that we ship out of town.

Shipping a Cy Young winner out of town wouldn't be as painful if we had gotten more than Scott Feldman in return. And yeah, I realize we technically turned Clevenger into one good year of Trumbo, but that isn't really doing it for me...

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Not just that, but we don't even know if it's Duquette or Brady.

I think the only thing we can reasonably assume is that John Angelos is looking pretty, pretty, prettttttttttty good right now.

This is DD. Brady isn’t skilled for this. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, esmd said:

What it tells me is they don’t think they’ll be a contender in 2020 which is the last year we’d control him, and that they like the return.  

• Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Our whole outfield situation is very unsettled.  It would be hard to guess today who will be starting playoff games in the OF, other than Santander.   I’m hoping Cowser eventually takes off again, but he’s been pretty tough to watch at times over the last 6 weeks. Stowers could grab a spot.  Hays has been hot of late and we’ll see if that continues.   Mullins has sucked for 6-7 weeks but I haven’t given up on the guy.   Kjerstad continues to rake in the minors and you have to think he’ll get another opportunity at some point.  It’s just really hard to know how the rest of this season will go for our outfielders and who will be hot when playoff time comes. 
    • After all of the positive comments about yesterday's lineup, I find it so ironic that most times when Hangouters hate the lineups, we end up winning.  And when we like generally like the lineups and seem to like our chances in a matchup, we lose.   Going forward, we need to make sure there are enough complaints about that every day's lineup to increase our chances of winning. On that note, I already don't like tonight's lineup at all, even though it hasn't been released yet.
    • Only because MLB is turning into hockey in terms of playoff teams. They remind me of the Vernon Wells years - forever mired in mediocrity. If they don’t do a full rebuild they’re likely to be screwed for a while because they don’t have much of a farm system.    The yanking of Berrios in that playoff game told me all I need to know about their GM and skipper. Haven’t seen anything since to change my mind. 
    • Nor is it about signing FA.  It's about winning plane and simple. 
    • Just giving you a shout out.
    • Stowers and Cowser are opposites as hitters as far as I can tell.  Stowers is pretty good on breaking stuff and changeups.  Yesterday on the 96 mph fastballs he was so late he had no chance.  Cowser, on the other hand, can handle fastballs, cutters, and sliders but really struggles on curves and changes.  If we could only meld them into one hitter.
    • O’s would hang up on that. Stop undervaluing our prospects. 
  • Popular Contributors