The Jonathan Schoop appreciation thread

Frobby

More than his statistics and his great arm, I just really enjoyed Jonathan Schoop’s sunny personality.     We raised him from a pup and I’ll miss him a lot.    I hope he goes on to great things.    

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

More than his statistics and his great arm, I just really enjoyed Jonathan Schoop’s sunny personality.     We raised him from a pup and I’ll miss him a lot.    I hope he goes on to great things.    

I agree.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

That sums it up for me, too. I think of him and good times. 

From a trip to the Yard a couple of summers ago. 

DSCN3313

Lord, another Oriole to bid farewell to. I accept that it was necessary for the rebuild process. Though I was hoping that he was young enough  for the Orioles to rebuild around him.

He was a fabulous player and I loved watching him. Farewell and hope to see you in the playoffs.

Loved his rocket arm at second. Hardy, Machado, Schoop DP's were a thing of beauty for a while. He became a very nice complementary young player on our competitive teams. For a while I hoped we would build around Manny and Schoop and be able to extend them both. But that ship sailed a few years ago. Needed a lot more help than those guys. Good luck with the Brewers Jonathan. Thanks for being a great Oriole!

Archived