Seeing this type of comment from O's fans alot tonight on internet.

HOF19

Replying to @Ken_Rosenthal

Well while they are at it they may want to start rebuilding their fanbase because that sound you hear are thousands of die-hard Oriole fans who have simply had enough of this and won't sit through another multi-year losing streak .........……….. I am disgusted ( Mr. Mullis words not mine)...……..I understand the feeling but come April 1 2019 most of them will still be watching and rooting for the O's...…….Keep the faith...…… GO O's !!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

We don’t have a top 100 mlb player and only have 1 top 100 mlb prospect. There are less than 100 mlb teams. 

Diaz and Mountcastle are top 100 and I would bet one more sneaks onto next years list not counting a possible VVM signing and top draft pick selection.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It would’ve been significantly uglier in 3 years had they done nothing. Probably.

I agree. Those casual fans like I see on Facebook do not get that hanging onto sentimental favorites too long often ends up doing far more harm.

It’s like opining that the food is lousy somewhere and then complaining about the small portions. 

15 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I agree. Those casual fans like I see on Facebook do not get that hanging onto sentimental favorites too long often ends up doing far more harm.

It’s like opining that the food is lousy somewhere and then complaining about the small portions. 

Let's give Chris Davis that seven year contract!

Finally the organization appears to be adopting the ways of other winning teams. 

3 hours ago, Rene88 said:

I get that people are upset. A lot of casual fans are pissed but the ones that understand the business of baseball get it.

Ohhhh to be a casual, uneducated fan again... mouth agape, staring at the cosmos with childlike wonder - legitimately believing the O’s would sign Mark Teixeira and everything would forever be at peace in Birdland.

2 hours ago, NashLumber said:

I'm all about keeping sentimental favorites... when the team's winning percentage isn't .299.  Do they honestly think that fan's are going to show up and watch the team because the team might win 45 games this season instead of 40?

It's the double standard of entitlement that comes with being a fan.  People say the team is terrible and everything should go, but then complain because there's nobody worth watching on a last place team.  Some people were convinced Manny would never get traded and just walk in free agency.  The team actually does trade him, for five players no less, and it's about how they return wasn't great enough or he could have been resigned.  Some people wanted them to trade guys before their free agent years.  The team trades Gausman and Schoop, both in that category, and the returns aren't "good" enough and it sucks to lose them.  Being a fan, right or wrong, comes with certain perceived entitlements.  It's annoying as all hell.  But, in the end you really can't please anybody.

They traded their best players and got one decent prospect in return.  I don't know why anyone would pay to watch them at this point.  They wouldn't have a winning record in AAA.  DD did a terrible job with the trades.  I hope he doesn't come back and he never gets a job in baseball again. 

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

They traded their best players and got one decent prospect in return.  I don't know why anyone would pay to watch them at this point.  They wouldn't have a winning record in AAA.  DD did a terrible job with the trades.  I hope he doesn't come back and he never gets a job in baseball again. 

Really? I mean, I hated the Gausman trade in a lot of ways. But you gotta say that we did well with the Britton, Schoop, and Manny deals. I was super disappointed that we didn't get any mega prospects back yesterday, but he basically won 3 trades out of 4 this July. And the 4th may yet have it's strategic purpose. 

Archived