Mullins is with the Orioles! (edited)

terpoh

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, LA2 said:

If that's the case, I'm sure he will next time.

The ball went fully into Mullen's glove. I don't think Mancini distracted him from holding onto it. He may have been one of many influences.

The ball was never fully in Mullins glove, it skimmed right off the glove, bounced,  rolled along the wall and then towards left field. Watching the replay you can see Mullins flinch, then slide on the warning track.  After the play you can see him asking Mancini if he heard him.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

And if thinks work out perfectly than by this time next year he'll be an extremely rangy left fielder.

Can you think of anyone else playing/has played LF with Mullins range?  I would think that he would have to shade toward center and the CF would have to shade towards right or straight up.  VVM has extreme range with 70 speed and 70+ arm, there would have to be a lot of communication between the two otherwise you could have one brutal collision.  Mullins, VVM, Diaz could be one tremendous defensive outfield.   Mullins might want to start taking Spanish lessons in the off season, if he doesnt already know some.

2 minutes ago, sevastras said:

Can you think of anyone else playing/has played LF with Mullins range?  I would think that he would have to shade toward center and the CF would have to shade towards right or straight up.  VVM has extreme range with 70 speed and 70+ arm, there would have to be a lot of communication between the two otherwise you could have one brutal collision.  Mullins, VVM, Diaz could be one tremendous defensive outfield.   Mullins might want to start taking Spanish lessons in the off season, if he doesnt already know some.

I'm old enough to remember Brady, Finley and Devo.

Alex Gordon.

Carl Crawford with the Rays.

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Alex Gordon.

Yep, Brady, Finley, and Devo was the first thing that occurred to me.

I will note that i looked it up a few years ago and while they were teammates for a while, there were VERY few games that all 3 started.   Phil Bradley was a regular on those teams too.

But yes, there were a few games where Brady, Finley, and Devo was our starting outfield.   But just a small handful.

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Alex Gordon.

The Brady-Devo-Orsulak OF was excellent

Finley I sort of remember, he only had the one full season in '90 but was a defensive replacement for the Why Not? '89 team

14 hours ago, sevastras said:

Ricky Henderson 

2 hours ago, baltfan said:

Ricky Henderson 

I thought of him to in LF. Also thought about when he was traded to Tor and then resigned with Oak in the offseason.  Like Manny could do. Haha

Back to Mullins, it makes me think about how there is no guarantee that prospects are going to actually contribute. We were all hoping Hays, Sisco, Santander, Scott would break through and be contributors this year. Sisco struggler, Scott has shown flashes, Santander is an afterthought now, and Hays has had a lost year. 

5 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Mullins should lead off, batting him after Davis makes sense if you are a huge Davis fan.

Speaking of baseball players, only 20 if the top 100 prospects, per fangraphs, went to a 4 year college or university. 

Neat

Archived