Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

Dirty plays or dirty players are not some new revelation to the game of baseball they’ve and they have been happening throughout the history of baseball and it happens in every sport. Do I agree with it? No. Do I wish it wasn’t the kind of player Manny is? Yes. Is it the First time Manny has ever done a dirty play? No. Is it going to be the last?  No. Should the Brewers drill him when opportunity presents whether this series or next year? You bet your ass they should and they will when the time is right. At the end of the Day I enjoy baseball all aspects of the game even the dirty plays and I especially enjoy a young man with as much Talent as Manny Machado play the game. I hope to watch him grow into a more mature man over the coming years.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

As much as I can't stand them, they are a VERY well-constructed team.   They've got a nice mix of homegrown and acquired talent.   

What is amazing about Boston is that they won 108 games, knocked out two 100 win teams on the way to the World Series, and have not lost a single road game in the playoffs......clinching both series in the other team's ballpark.  And these were not just ordinary 100 win teams.  New York and the World Champs.  That is very hard to do.  LA has the better chance to beat Boston, but I don't see either NL team doing it.  Sometimes, it is just your year and I think once again, it is Boston's year. 

Manny as the villain is ESPN's latest storyline that they keep repeating.

Then Manny Machado stepped to the plate. Baseball's newest villain was sure to get booed after his kerfuffle with Milwaukee's Jesus Aguilar in Game 4. But this was some serious booing -- sustained booing that echoed and reverberated around the closed roof of Miller Park. It was a melted cheese blanket of Wisconsin disdain. Strangely enough, Machado's mere presence seemed to rekindle the furor with which the fans started the game.

"I felt my chest getting tight it was so loud in there," Miley said. "Obviously, they were booing Manny in his first at-bat. It got pretty loud."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25027718/mlb-how-milwaukee-brewers-thundered-back-save-their-season-game-6

In Milwaukee, Manny Machado is Public Enemy No. 1

"Manny is not malicious, but then you see some of that stuff and you go, 'C'mon, man. Really?'" Machado's former manager Buck Showalter said when reached by phone. "As a teammate, manager or coach, you're trying to be supportive, but he has to give me something to work with. It's hard to defend that."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25016918/mlb-los-angeles-dodgers-manny-machado-october-newest-villain

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Manny is 26 years old, and I think it is easy to forget that.....I am fairly sure that I was saying and doing things at 26 that I wouldn't do now at 43.  That being said, he is a grown man and it is perfectly okay to call him out on non-professional behavior.  Some people just need a little more time and help in order to grow up faster.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JR Oriole said:

Manny is 26 years old, and I think it is easy to forget that.....I am fairly sure that I was saying and doing things at 26 that I wouldn't do now at 43.  That being said, he is a grown man and it is perfectly okay to call him out on non-professional behavior.  Some people just need a little more time and help in order to grow up faster.  

Yeah, I was OK with the “he’s young” thing when he was 19, 20, 21, 22.    At this point he’s a 6+ year veteran and should act like one.    

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JR Oriole said:

It’s all relative. The average age in MLB is under 29. There are plenty of 26 year olds and Manny is a veteran. He doesn’t behave this way because he is young. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

It’s all relative. The average age in MLB is under 29. There are plenty of 26 year olds and Manny is a veteran. He doesn’t behave this way because he is young. 

I agree with this.  I just think that as you age, you do tend to get more mature.  It just happens later for some.  Although not everyone matures! 

I think we can all agree though that he needs to grow up.  It is time.

3 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Dirty player or not, tonight’s game is the reason the Dodgers traded for him. He needs to produce. 

He needs to come up big tonight for a number of reasons but number one he will be remembered (short term) for his antics in this series and shifting the momentum towards Milwaukee. 3 games ago he pulled the stunt and he was prettt much zero the last two games.  Can’t have a third.  I’m hoping he puts it away with a 3 run bomb. 

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllln(GAME 7)

llllllllllllllll LOS ANGELES DODGERS

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll @

llllllllllllllllllll MILWAUKEE BREWERS

o

o

o