• 24. Jeff Bannister, Texas Rangers: $950,000 
  • 25. Torey Lovullo, Arizona Diamondbacks: $900,000 
  • 26. Davey Martinez, Washington Nationals: $850,000 
  • 26. Mickey Callaway, New York Mets: $850,000 
  • 28. Gabe Kapler, Philadelphia Phillies: $803,000 
  • 29. Alex Cora, Boston Red Sox: $800,000 
  • 29. Scott Servais, Seattle Mariners: $800,000 
  • 29. Brian Snitker, Atlanta Braves: $800,000 
  • 32. @Jim Riggleman, Cincinnati Reds: $700,000 (prorated) 
  • 32. @Mike Shildt, St. Louis Cardinals: $700,00 (prorated) 

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The failure of the Angelos brothers to not let the fans know they are actively interviewing candidates is more of the same old Orioles.  And Roch tweeting about it doesn't count.  Talk to the media.

They don’t have to name people being considered, just let the fans know the process is underway.

They keep the fans in the dark and wonder why no one comes to the games.  

This post is just ridiculous. Beyond placing an advertisement does any company advertise that they are hiring a high profile job and offer play by play of their negotiations?

The answer is NO!

Just get over your baseless bashing of the process.

The Orioles are in the process. We know they have talked to Colletti, Cherington. And have some interest in NG. 

So they are obviously active. I think the Angelos brothers deserve the benefit of the doubt that real change is coming.

Get over your feeling of entitlement for information. The Orioles owe you nothing.

Ive been one of the biggest Peter Angelos bashers over the years. It’s certainly Orioles Hangout lore!

The Angelos sons are not their father. A good example of this is the difference between George Steinbrenner and how his sons operate the Yankees.

The Orioles have done everything they should have done with the historically poor season. 

Theyve fired the GM and Manager. Now they are adding two front office people to replace one. And will allow him to get pick his/her own manager.

I rather them take their time making a decision and getting it right. That’s what is best for the team. Rather than make a hasty decision to appease the fans of blog sites.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

The Angelos sons are not their father. A good example of this is the difference between George Steinbrenner and how his sons operate the Yankees.

Good post and good example.

There are others, like Bidwell with the cards, Irsay with the Colts. There are times the kid runs things better than the father did.

I am sure there are examples out there, when this didnt happen.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

There are others, like Bidwell with the cards, Irsay with the Colts. There are times the kid runs things better than the father did.

My point is they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

If they were going with the status quo they wouldn’t have had DuQuette announce the changes in operating procedure before the season ended. They just would’ve remained silent.

i think they recognize changes are needed in the way things were being done.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Thanks

The way I think the Orioles will look at it, you pay a vet manager to handle stars and win the WS.

This is not happening for now.

They will hire a cheap AAA manager, and let them instruct the youngsters and go from there.

They might even strike pay dirt, like the Angels did with Scoiscia.

20 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

John Quincy Adams. 

9 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Yankees just lost their 4+ WAR SS. We only need to make up about 45 more wins to contend for the Wild Card.

Manny says hello.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

This post is just ridiculous. Beyond placing an advertisement does any company advertise that they are hiring a high profile job and offer play by play of their negotiations?

The answer is NO!

Just get over your baseless bashing of the process.

The Orioles are in the process. We know they have talked to Colletti, Cherington. And have some interest in NG. 

So they are obviously active. I think the Angelos brothers deserve the benefit of the doubt that real change is coming.

Get over your feeling of entitlement for information. The Orioles owe you nothing.

Ive been one of the biggest Peter Angelos bashers over the years. It’s certainly Orioles Hangout lore!

The Orioles have done everything they should have done with the historically poor season. 

Theyve fired the GM and Manager. Now they are adding two front office people to replace one. And will allow him to get pick his/her own manager.

I rather them take their time making a decision and getting it right. That’s what is best for the team. Rather than make a hasty decision to appease the fans of blog sites.

Im gonna disagree.  Partially.  It has been oddly quiet but one has to believe that the work is getting done interviewing and setting up the new leadership.  In a way I admire how quiet it is and I think it lets you know how much DD and Buck did "talk" off the record.  

That said, the Angelos boys are in my humble opinion making a mistake by not speaking publicly.  MLB is nervous about what they are doing and what the structure is, the fans are nervous and well, PA was notorious for not speaking to the press unless HE wanted.  A very good opportunity was there for the boys to just speak to fans.  

Hey it's gonna be a process, we're gonna do it the right way, etc etc.  They didn't have to really say anything.  But not speaking was a big miss.  Frankly to me, that bothers me more than missing out on VVM and crew.  A rebuild is not going to be easy and regardless of how good the folks that are brought in, if ownership doesn't do its part it's a long way to success from here.  

I'm not saying it's a disaster or something that cannot be overcome.  But as a first step, they could have shown everyone the "new way" and they stayed in the old way.  Of course that makes all of us nervous.  But yes Tide, there is a process and we should all give benefit of the doubt to the new directors of that process.  But they definitely spend some of that precious capital when they follow the same old same old.

Let's enjoy the Series and hope we are at our bottom.  Angelos.  It's what we got.  I'm pulling for em. 

I’m frustrated like the rest of you at the silence from John & Lou, but as long as they make themselves available to the media on the day the new President & GM are introduced at the press conference, I will have no complaints.  My hope is that this is what they are waiting on before they break their silence and answer questions about the new hires, direction and plan moving forward, etc.  That will prove to me that things are truly changing, whereas if they continue to hide from the media, it will show that things likely aren’t changing as much as we all hoped.

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Manny says hello.

Im gonna disagree.  Partially.  It has been oddly quiet but one has to believe that the work is getting done interviewing and setting up the new leadership.  In a way I admire how quiet it is and I think it lets you know how much DD and Buck did "talk" off the record.  

That said, the Angelos boys are in my humble opinion making a mistake by not speaking publicly.  MLB is nervous about what they are doing and what the structure is, the fans are nervous and well, PA was notorious for not speaking to the press unless HE wanted.  A very good opportunity was there for the boys to just speak to fans.  

Hey it's gonna be a process, we're gonna do it the right way, etc etc.  They didn't have to really say anything.  But not speaking was a big miss.  Frankly to me, that bothers me more than missing out on VVM and crew.  A rebuild is not going to be easy and regardless of how good the folks that are brought in, if ownership doesn't do its part it's a long way to success from here.  

I'm not saying it's a disaster or something that cannot be overcome.  But as a first step, they could have shown everyone the "new way" and they stayed in the old way.  Of course that makes all of us nervous.  But yes Tide, there is a process and we should all give benefit of the doubt to the new directors of that process.  But they definitely spend some of that precious capital when they follow the same old same old.

Let's enjoy the Series and hope we are at our bottom.  Angelos.  It's what we got.  I'm pulling for em. 

They don't even need to speak publicly. If they're ACTUALLY interviewing candidates then just don't go out of your way to cover it up. That's all they need to do. 

Archived