2018 Orioles Top Prospect List

Tony-OH

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

Can’t wait for the 2019 list to come out!     I’m guessing, based on last year, that we have to wait until November.     

I think you can argue that the top 8 pretty much held serve.    I assume Baumann will show up in that group, and obviously Rutschman at no. 1.    That should be your top 10 IMO.

I think only Kline, Stewart and Means (ranked 28!) have graduated, and there’s a lot of new players deserving of consideration, so I expect a lot of movement below the top 10.

Harvey and Stewart have also graduated, I assume. Methinks Dietz, Carroll, and Grenier will plummet (I know I’m really going out on a limb here).

5 minutes ago, TheDeau52 said:

Harvey and Stewart have also graduated, I assume. Methinks Dietz, Carroll, and Grenier will plummet (I know I’m really going out on a limb here).

I already mentioned Stewart.    I do not believe Harvey has graduated.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

Can’t wait for the 2019 list to come out!     I’m guessing, based on last year, that we have to wait until November.     

I think you can argue that the top 8 pretty much held serve.    I assume Baumann will show up in that group, and obviously Rutschman at no. 1.    That should be your top 10 IMO.

I think only Kline, Stewart and Means (ranked 28!) have graduated, and there’s a lot of new players deserving of consideration, so I expect a lot of movement below the top 10.

You don't have Gunnar in your top 10?

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I already mentioned Stewart.    I do not believe Harvey has graduated.

Harvey definitely has not graduated.

Pitchers exceed rookie eligibility with 50 innings or 45 days on the active roster excluding the period of roster expansion following September 1st.

Harvey pitched 6 and a third innings and was called up in mid-August, accruing around 15 days prior to September 1st.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

The biggest jump into the top 30 has to be Stauffer, right? Probably close to top 15 now?

1 Rutschman
2 DL Hall
3 Hays
4 Mouncastle
5 Rodriguez
6 Henderson
7 Kremer
8 Harvey
9 Diaz
10 Baumann

I like Stauffer and have been a big proponent, but he’s only that high if he’s a starter and we don’t know that yet. He was 91-94 t95 in short outings but he needs to hold that over 100 pitches if he’s going to profile in a rotation and he hasn’t shown that yet, there was a lot of 88-90 in longer outings. He’s more around 30 for me at this point with potential to rise further.

• Upvote 2

On 10/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, Frobby said:

I am very excited for it. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:13 PM, DirtyBird said:

You don't have Gunnar in your top 10?

I don't think I would. It's not a knock on him. It's just that he's a very young kid who has done nothing really noteworthy yet and he's being compared to guys who have high probability to be in the majors. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, DirtyBird said:

The biggest jump into the top 30 has to be Stauffer, right? Probably close to top 15 now?

1 Rutschman
2 DL Hall
3 Hays
4 Mouncastle
5 Rodriguez
6 Henderson
7 Kremer
8 Harvey
9 Diaz
10 Baumann

Your placement of Rodriguez, Diaz and Baumann is interesting, to say the least. I think most have Rodriguez as top 2 or 3 (latter for me). I assume this means you're a huge fan of Hays and Mountcastle. There will be disagreement on Diaz (mostly from me), but he's 4 or 5 for me. You can make the case for Baumann anywhere from as high as 5 or more likely 7 or 8, IMO.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, Frobby said:

Deepest list I can remember.

48 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I don't think I would. It's not a knock on him. It's just that he's a very young kid who has done nothing really noteworthy yet and he's being compared to guys who have high probability to be in the majors. 

Your placement of Rodriguez, Diaz and Baumann is interesting, to say the least. I think most have Rodriguez as top 2 or 3 (latter for me). I assume this means you're a huge fan of Hays and Mountcastle. There will be disagreement on Diaz (mostly from me), but he's 4 or 5 for me. You can make the case for Baumann anywhere from as high as 5 or more likely 7 or 8, IMO.

I mean, nobody ever gets these things right, so I am probably wrong.

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, DirtyBird said:

1 Rutschman
2 DL Hall
3 Hays
4 Mouncastle
5 Rodriguez
6 Henderson
7 Kremer
8 Harvey
9 Diaz
10 Baumann

Id probably say:

1. Rutschman