Orioles hire Mike Elias as Executive Vice President and GM

ISU94

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Moose, you make valid points.

But, surely you can see, the change in climate from the front office, with the shift from the old man to the boys.

Lets give them a chance to see how they do.

Besides, I doubt any MLB GM or president lasts 25 years these days with most teams in the MLB.

I'm not saying that we should have a GM for 25 years, no one lasts that long.  But as I said, we've seen good people come through but the one constant has been Angelos meddling.  Gillick wasn't fired but he sure wasn't trying to stick around.

I'm happy to give Elias a chance, I hope everyone gets out of his way.  Personally, I've just seen it too many times.  "It's gonna be different now!"  Really?

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

He needs to give Brady a pink slip not the finger. He can't be a problem/obstacle if he's not an employee. 

First test.  If you see Elias trying to make room for Brady, it's probably a big indicator that the Brothers are forcing these two to play nice.  

Just now, TonySoprano said:

Weren't you just the one talking about your capacity to let things slide?  Seems like you've held a grudge against Angelos, like Rosenthal has, for over 25 years.?

Owner of my favorite baseball team who's done his best to flush it down the toilet >>>>>>> a 5'2" baseball reporter who didn't like Eddie Murray cause he made his job difficult.  It's not even in the same stratosphere.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not saying that we should have a GM for 25 years, no one lasts that long.  But as I said, we've seen good people come through but the one constant has been Angelos meddling.  Gillick wasn't fired but he sure wasn't trying to stick around.

I'm happy to give Elias a chance, I hope everyone gets out of his way.  Personally, I've just seen it too many times.  "It's gonna be different now!"  Really?

First test.  If you see Elias trying to make room for Brady, it's probably a big indicator that the Brothers are forcing these two to play nice.  

But it is different now.

Daddy would have never authorized the fire sale.

Daddy would have never allowed them to even kick the tires in the international market.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Owner of my favorite baseball team who's done his best to flush it down the toilet >>>>>>> a 5'2" baseball reporter who didn't like Eddie Murray cause he made his job difficult.  It's not even in the same stratosphere.  

I thought Jacobs owned the team, back when Eddie was run out of town?

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

But it is different now.

Daddy would have never authorized the fire sale.

Daddy would have never allowed them to even kick the tires in the international market.

Fire sale?  More like a wino in an alley trying to light a book of damp matches in order to keep warm.  We didn't get anyone good back.

I'm outta here for the next little bit, I've got some work to do.  I didn't mean to pee (too much) on this glorious day where the next sucker to work for the Angelos family has been hired.  I just can't help it.  We've been fooled too many times before.  

Alright you sons of... you know how I feel.

41aeMJBeGqL.jpg

Just now, Rene88 said:

His first act should be to fire Brady then we will know.

Well, look. I don't hate Brady, but I grew to hate the 3-headed monster of a mess that he, Duquette, and Buck turned into. I think we were all pretty excited about some of the things Brady implemented when he was first hired. But then it got out of hand, you had the Rosenthal piece, and it turned into a bit of a mess. I don't mind if he stays in the organization, but he's got to be stripped of his VP title and relegated to his original purpose, which was helping get the most out of players with specialized training routines. He's got to at least be muzzled under Elias, but we'll see. Ideally? Yeah, I'd let him go. 

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

His first act should be to fire Brady then we will know.

I agree completely.  I am very pleased with the hire.  Mike Elias was one of my very first picks for this job (and a number of people had the "Oh why would anyone ever come here" response).  But the devil is always in the details.  I will await the press conference and then to see where the winter offseason goes.   But Brady Anderson needs to go or nothing will change.  Nothing.  

Archived