Elias will be active in the free agent market this off season

wildcard

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

The market has spoken: $7 mm+.   And it didn’t take long, either.

Yep. I pretty much nailed the dollars (predicted$5-6M) and I'm pretty sure I suggested the Twins as a potential landing spot in another post. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. ;) 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:31 AM, wildcard said:

I am not sure that the tear down will happen before opening day.    Elias may evaluate the talent on the team until July and then sell off.  That would lead to a lower payroll in the 2nd half.

Honestly there's not much left to tear down. Aside from Givens they've already traded their marketable players. I think the shine has really come off Bundy and Cobb, but if the can reestablish themselves they might be able to get something of value for them before the trade deadline.

5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Maybe if they're lucky, but I don't seem them getting anything of real value for him. Cashner is as bad as his haircut. 

It would be a salary dump.

I'm not super eager to get rid of him since I'm not enamored with the group that is close to ML ready and I don't want to rush the ones I do like.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2018 at 4:48 PM, wildbillhiccup said:

Schoop is probably the third or fourth best available 2B (depending on how you view Murphy) behind LeMahieu and Dozier. I'm predicting that he signs a two year deal with the Twins for $15M. 

Your pecking order looks pretty good.   Schoop got 1 year, $7.5 mm plus incentives.    Dozier got 1 year, $9 mm from the Nats today.   Murphy got 2/$24 mm plus a mutual option with the Rockies.  Waiting on LeMahieu, who may have overplayed his hand here.  

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Your pecking order looks pretty good.   Schoop got 1 year, $7.5 mm plus incentives.    Dozier got 1 year, $9 mm from the Nats today.   Murphy got 2/$24 mm plus a mutual option with the Rockies.  Waiting on LeMahieu, who may have overplayed his hand here.  

How does Lowrie fit in all of this? One of Lowrie and LeMahieu have to go to Milwaukee, right? I'm skeptical of them moving Shaw to 2B for the full season and going with Moustakas or the like. Who else is really in the market for a 2B? There are options, but there don't seem to be too many really good ones.

31 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think Cashner will be fine, he had issues with regaining feeling in his fingers, and then blisters. Hopefully, that will be behind him

The only year he was fine was 2017. And there were lots of underlying red flags that pointed to that year being a fluke. I really just think he's not a good pitcher and you compound that issue by putting him in the AL East. Signing him was a terrible decision and one that I suspect Brady was heavily involved in. I distinctly remember Cashner thanking Brady (not Dan) when he signed. 

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The only year he was fine was 2017. And there were lots of underlying red flags that pointed to that year being a fluke. I really just think he's not a good pitcher and you compound that issue by putting him in the AL East. Signing him was a terrible decision and one that I suspect Brady was heavily involved in. I distinctly remember Cashner thanking Brady (not Dan) when he signed. 

Get off the kick Brady kick, Brady was just the tool the organization used as a go between to get him signed on the dotted line. I know, I can be dead wrong here. Lets see what happens under Elias. If Elias is as smart as we all think he is, then there must be a reason Brady is still here. No, I dont buy that crap, that Brady is untouchable.

Archived