Hyde: New O’s Manager

Rene88

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming that Elias has offered Hyde the job, I’m not crazy about him lying about it.    He could simply have said “I already said I wasn’t going to discuss the managerial candidates until we were ready to announce a hiring.    I’m not commenting on rumors.   When someone has been hired, we’ll tell you.”

5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Rosenthal just doubled down on the report on MLB TV. Rosenthal and the national media aren't buying what the Roch is cookin'.

This is total BS.  Roch isn’t selling or cooking anything.  He’s simply quoting the Orioles GM, just like Dan Connelly.  It may well happen but Elias said that Sherman’s and Rosenthal’s stories are premature.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Assuming that Elias has offered Hyde the job, I’m not crazy about him lying about it.    He could simply have said “I already said I wasn’t going to discuss the managerial candidates until we were ready to announce a hiring.    I’m not commenting on rumors.   When someone has been hired, we’ll tell you.”

Agree. Then again Dan was always bad at this part too. Hopefully Mike gets better at this. It's early and he's got a lot on his plate.

Just now, NCRaven said:

This is total BS.  Roch isn’t selling or cooking anything.  He’s simply quoting the Orioles GM, just like Dan Connelly.  It may well happen but Elias said that Sherman’s and Rosenthal’s stories are premature.  

Settle down. It was a joke.  My point was that we really should be looking to the national media for news / updates, not Roch. And I have NO problem with Elias not announcing it until the ink is dry on the contract. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's not bashing. It is what it is. If someone in the O's organization told Roch the sky was purple then Roch would report it verbatim even if there was a big blue beautiful sky in the background. 

O.K., let's say  you work for the Angelos family, would you call out their new hire for lying?  "Yeah, Mike said no decision, but our BS meter exploded after he said it."  

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's not bashing. It is what it is. If someone in the O's organization told Roch the sky was purple then Roch would report it verbatim even if there was a big blue beautiful sky in the background. 

Terrible analogy.    In a situation like this, I absolutely expect Roch to ask Elias the question and report what Elias said, whether Roch believes it or not.   I’m sure when he writes a full story Roch will report that several sources have reported Hyde’s hiring as a fact.   

3 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I agree with you Frobby. I don't know why Mike had to lie either.

We don't know that he lied yet, I could be that the story is false.  If he did lie, however, that's not cool and is an insult to the local reporters who cover the team.

• weams changed the title to Hyde: New O’s Manager ?

Archived