Media and Sig Read This (Warning, it's about Chris Davis)

weams

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's ashame as an employer, thwy can't make Davis do off-season programs. He is under contract and not living up to the huge commitment the Orioles gave him. 

In the real world, employers can make you further training or what-not if you are lacking...otherwise it's insubordination and you're let go.

They can let him go.   Except that they chose to give him a guaranteed contract, which means they have to pay him if they do let him go.   No one put a gun to their heads, they may even have bid against themselves in their eagerness to sign the contract.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SteveA said:

They can let him go.   Except that they chose to give him a guaranteed contract, which means they have to pay him if they do let him go.   No one put a gun to their heads, they may even have bid against themselves in their eagerness to sign the contract.

I agree with every part of this. I do not work for the Orioles in any way. I feel the honest expression of my opinions of how Chris has handled all of this with his representation too is something I'm free to do. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Obviously I meant without paying him the rest of his contract. I'm aware nobody forced them, but most jobs don't guarantee pay when you don't perform. 

It is what it is.

2 hours ago, weams said:

I agree with every part of this. I do not work for the Orioles in any way. I feel the honest expression of my opinions of how Chris has handled all of this with his representation too is something I'm free to do. 

Weams, I don't know what happened with CD. Injury? Maybe he will improve this season. I don't know. Sorry but I think the guy is done. I know they can't cut him when is still owed 80 or 90 million on his contract. That's an anchor around the neck of the FO. IMO 

4 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Weams, I don't know what happened with CD. Injury? Maybe he will improve this season. I don't know. Sorry but I think the guy is done. I know they can't cut him when is still owed 80 or 90 million on his contract. That's an anchor around the neck of the FO. IMO 

Well, he did get injured. But that is not what I see as the major setback that occured for him.  I guess the easiest guess I have is that without appropriate training and supplements, he aged out. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

Well, he did get injured. But that is not what I see as the major setback that occured for him.  I guess the easiest guess I have is that without appropriate training and supplements, he aged out. 

I don't even see it as aged out. He's not that old and he has always been in Adonis shape. A Greek God among men. He just lost his eye at the plate. Whatever he saw in his good years is Tuesday's Gone With the Wind.

48 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I don't even see it as aged out. He's not that old and he has always been in Adonis shape. A Greek God among men. He just lost his eye at the plate. Whatever he saw in his good years is Tuesday's Gone With the Wind.

He seems small to me. Less bulky and greek. 

2 hours ago, atomic said:

These Chris Davis threads are getting old.  The team signed him to the contract and a lot of you guys were all for it.  He is what he is.  Maybe we can have a ban on Chris Davis posts until spring training starts.  

Maybe not. 

2 hours ago, atomic said:

These Chris Davis threads are getting old.  The team signed him to the contract and a lot of you guys were all for it.  He is what he is.  Maybe we can have a ban on Chris Davis posts until spring training starts.  

If they bother you that much. Then don't read them. 

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yes we do.  We know EVERYTHING and will tell you about it.

Rick Dempsey is down to work out.  Ain't that right @interloper?

You may have the answer. Davis to catch.  Rick can be his full time coach. Send him to instructs to learn the craft. 

Archived