Doug Brocail is the Pitching Coach

interloper

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Not really sure how you can form an opinion of a pitching coach based on how little the Rangers fans liked him.  

In 2018 Texas allowed more balls be put in play than any team in baseball, Baltimore was not far behind at 3rd most — Houston allowed the fewest.

4 minutes ago, weams said:

I love Eddie as well. 

Yes but I was responding to a question to name someone who hasn't been spoken of negatively.

I love Eddie, but there are certainly some people who didn't or don't.

Nobody doesn't like Brooksie.   Nobody.

Just now, SteveA said:

Yes but I was responding to a question to name someone who hasn't been spoken of negatively.

I love Eddie, but there are certainly some people who didn't or don't.

Nobody doesn't like Brooksie.   Nobody.

Well, I'm his friend. Not his fan. He told me. 

28 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

In 2018 Texas allowed more balls be put in play than any team in baseball, Baltimore was not far behind at 3rd most — Houston allowed the fewest.

Would you consider that to mean you feel he is a poor pitching coach? I am struggling a little bit to see direct correlation.  

Honestly, looking at Rangers rotation I think it’s got to be one of the weakest in baseball. GMs fault or pitching coach’s fault?

Again not saying you are wrong, just not willing to jump to that conclusion. 

2 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Would you consider that to mean you feel he is a poor pitching coach? I am struggling a little bit to see direct correlation.  

Honestly, looking at Rangers rotation I think it’s got to be one of the weakest in baseball. GMs fault or pitching coach’s fault?

Again not saying you are wrong, just not willing to jump to that conclusion. 

I give coaches so little credit either way.  So little. Just so they don't interview the GM candidates, managers and coaches are just fine for me. The players seem to be happy thinking they (coaches and managers) are in charge. Our new model will not have that as a reality. Four years from now folks can whine about that. 

8 minutes ago, weams said:

I give coaches so little credit either way.  So little. Just so they don't interview the GM candidates, managers and coaches are just fine for me. The players seem to be happy thinking they (coaches and managers) are in charge. Our new model will not have that as a reality. Four years from now folks can whine about that. 

Not in charge, but responsible to implement effectively the strategic guidance of the front office.    I do not think a team with a great analytics department and a bunch of very poor coaches would get good performance out of the players.  

As to pitching coaches, my observation is that no coach clicks with every pitcher.    But if you can get a few guys to boost their performance while not screwing up the other ones, you’re ahead of the game. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I'm just trying to stay grounded. Brocail doesn't seem to have the unanimous support that Hyde did around the league. But I'm gonna read this article Frobby just posted and learn more.

Check out the expression on Brocail's face.  Priceless.  It's like it's already spring training day 1 in Sarasota.

Archived