Over/under: Dylan Bundy wins 12 games?

Frobby

Will Dylan Bundy win 12 games?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Over/under: Bundy wins 12 games

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/19 at 23:39

I wonder if Elias will look at Bundy's numbers with extra rest vs five man rotation. I would love to see what he could do with extra rest through a whole season. Keep Cashner and Cobb on normal rest and spot start the other guys with Bundy pitching every sixth day. I would take the over if they did this.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I wonder if Elias will look at Bundy's numbers with extra rest vs five man rotation. I would love to see what he could do with extra rest through a whole season. Keep Cashner and Cobb on normal rest and spot start the other guys with Bundy pitching every sixth day. I would take the over if they did this.

I think his numbers were actually worse last season with extra rest.

6 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Jacob DeGrom went 10-9 last year with a 1.70 era.  I’m taking the under for Bundy.

So am I.   But Steve Carlton once won 27 games for a team that only won 59.  So, being on a bad team doesn’t guarantee that a pitcher can’t compile wins.

• 1 month later...

Gotta say, 12 wins doesn’t look promising right now.

Is it time to put Bundy at the back end of the pen and let him ramp it up for an inning every couple days? See if we can get some premium trade value from him as a shut down reliever?

Can he still get that fast ball velocity up where it use to sit in short appearances?

45 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Gotta say, 12 wins doesn’t look promising right now.

Is it time to put Bundy at the back end of the pen and let him ramp it up for an inning every couple days? See if we can get some premium trade value from him as a shut down reliever?

Can he still get that fast ball velocity up where it use to sit in short appearances?

Bundy’s velocity was way down at this time last year.   I saw him pitch and he topped out at 90 and only hit that a few times.   Then he got into gear and actually had a very good start to his season.   

So, I don’t know what to make of the guy at this point.    Any way you slice it, he’s lost a lot of velocity since we drafted him, and even over the last two years.   But it may not be as dire as it looks right now.   Or, maybe it is.   

• Like 1