Over/under: Dylan Bundy wins 12 games?

Frobby

Will Dylan Bundy win 12 games?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Over/under: Bundy wins 12 games

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/19 at 23:39

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/9/2019 at 5:04 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It would take Bundy to do his best 1972 Steve Carlton impression to win 20 games with this team.

Bundy doesn’t do impressions. Uh oh....?

A more reasonable comparison would be to a guy who was out of baseball by the time he was 28.

And for some stupid reason I picked over. Or, maybe I was just trying to skew the results. Since you know, wins. 

Where’s OF#5 when I need a good debate about that?

30 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

He's def not winning 12 games.  I am not too worried about his W/L record because we are in rebuild mode.  I would just like to see his ERA around 4.00 which may put him around close to the 12W mark but I don't know... too many question marks. 

Worse pitchers than Bundy on Oriole sorry teams in the 14 years of hell, won more than 12 games on really bad teams.

I would never say def not winning 12.

51 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Worse pitchers than Bundy on Oriole sorry teams in the 14 years of hell, won more than 12 games on really bad teams.

I would never say def not winning 12.

Bundy was one of (if not) the worst pitcher in the MLB/AL last year.  He'll have 9-10 wins and 4.70 ERA which is line with all the 2019 projections... hell that's a huge improvement from 2018.  Hopefully he can keep the ball in the park this year.

Just now, Mayor McCheese said:

Bundy was one of (if not) the worst pitcher in the MLB/AL last year.  He'll have 9-10 wins and 4.70 ERA which is line with all the 2019 projections... hell that's a huge improvement from 2018.  Hopefully he can keep the ball in the park this year.

The whole team sucked last year.

You are not a new fan of the team, and I am sure you know the talent this pitcher has. There is a reason he was a blue chip prospect.

But, we are all entitled to our opinions. Come November, one of us, can brag about how right we was. :)

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

You are not a new fan of the team, and I am sure you know the talent this pitcher has. There is a reason he was a blue chip prospect.

But, we are all entitled to our opinions. Come November, one of us, can brag about how right we was. :)

I hope Bundy is lights out this year...so they can trade him at the deadline.

He was a blue chip prospect, but those reasons have come and gone.  The stuff isn't electric anymore (although he's got a great slider).  But he got tattooed last year, I don't think that was a small sample size or bad luck.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hope Bundy is lights out this year...so they can trade him at the deadline.

He was a blue chip prospect, but those reasons have come and gone.  The stuff isn't electric anymore (although he's got a great slider).  But he got tattooed last year, I don't think that was a small sample size or bad luck.  

Gausman got tattoed too, and ended up in Atlanta looking like a HOF.

I would rather see him lights out and be the TOR of the 2021 contenders, but thats me.

44 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I remember hearing about Bundy when he was drafted out of HS.  About his workout routine and what his father was making him work horse.  They said that he had one of the heaviest FB I think at that time around 94-96MPH. The kid has talent, I don't know if injury or oriole coaching/development has hindered that.

To your point, I just hope we see return to that level but IF he does, he'll be traded.  Either way, if he gets 12+ wins, beers on me.

2 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

I remember hearing about Bundy when he was drafted out of HS.  About his workout routine and what his father was making him work horse.  They said that he had one of the heaviest FB I think at that time around 94-96MPH. The kid has talent, I don't know if injury or oriole coaching/development has hindered that.

To your point, I just hope we see return to that level but IF he does, he'll be traded.  Either way, if he gets 12+ wins, beers on me.

TJ Surgery didnt help his arrival to the bigs.

Fangraphs in 2017, says Bundys

The potential is real though - Bundy has exceptional Stuff (in the top 96% of all pitchers)

So last season was bad, but there is still hope.

This is their 2019 profile.

Profile: Dylan Bundy's 2018 was bad. Really, really, bad. But it doesn't always have to be. In each of Bundy's four pitches, there is a glimmer of hope that better - if not great - days can be ahead. Bundy's four-seamer has fluctuated in velocity even during the season, though when it consistently sits above 92mph, good days are plenty, allowing for his mistake pitches to stay in the yard. Meanwhile, his curveball used to be a solid strike-getter but was hung often and crushed for a .419 BAA last season. Bundy's changeup was all kinds of elite in 2016 (near 50% O-Swing and zone rates!), but his feel for the slow ball has faded dramatically. And of course, his still exhibits an excellent slide piece that induced swings-and-misses at an elite 26% rate. It's not a safe bet that Bundy will put everything together in his fourth full season, though don't rule out the chance that Bundy can make the right tweaks to put together a strong campaign

Archived