Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

So you are saying if you could afford a nanny you wouldn't get up in the middle of the night to help with your kids? 

Not really.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't want anything to do with my kids until they're able to mow the lawn and take care of other household chores.

What he is doing has never been done before, and to collect a 23 million dollar check to do it... it really is history in the making.... something to get excited about

and can it really continue for the next 4 years?

At this point I really want to see the O's make him play out his contract, but it befuddles me that CD hasn't invented an injury on his own... back spasms, neck pain, oblique... I can't believe he is still showing up every night. Maybe he really want that SO record.... hey it does immortalize him

14 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Davis is the only qualifier with an OPS below .500, making him 167 out of 167

and he is over .070 below the number 166 guy (Alcides Escobar) who plays a slick SS

Actually I read an article that Escobar's defense has really declined and the article said the Royals were foolish to keep putting him out there just because he was a once popular member of the team.

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

What he is doing has never been done before, and to collect a 23 million dollar check to do it... it really is history in the making.... something to get excited about

and can it really continue for the next 4 years?

At this point I really want to see the O's make him play out his contract, but it befuddles me that CD hasn't invented an injury on his own... back spasms, neck pain, oblique... I can't believe he is still showing up every night. Maybe he really want that SO record.... hey it does immortalize him

I remember a few years ago, ARod was talking about how great it was to get such support from Yankee fans and to hear the cheering in the crowd.  The guy was getting mocked and booed relentlessly, both on the road and especially at home.  But all he could talk about was how grateful he was for the support from the fans.  I was thinking he is either the biggest delusional phony in sports or he is actually in this state of perpetual oblivion regarding how people really think about him.  It may be both.

Either way, this got me thinking about Davis.  What on earth is going through his mind at this point?  He is literally incapable of doing the job he has been hired and paid to do.  He knows his organization would love nothing more than to cut him lose, never pay him a dime, and never see him again.  And the fans, who on a human level probably worry about his mental state, would also love to not see him suit up again.  Yet he continues on.....no fake injuries, no trip to the minors....nothing but the continued national mockery of being the biggest production for dollars paid bust in the history of the sport.  Fascinating.

39 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

I remember a few years ago, ARod was talking about how great it was to get such support from Yankee fans and to hear the cheering in the crowd.  The guy was getting mocked and booed relentlessly, both on the road and especially at home.  But all he could talk about was how grateful he was for the support from the fans.  I was thinking he is either the biggest delusional phony in sports or he is actually in this state of perpetual oblivion regarding how people really think about him.  It may be both.

Either way, this got me thinking about Davis.  What on earth is going through his mind at this point?  He is literally incapable of doing the job he has been hired and paid to do.  He knows his organization would love nothing more than to cut him lose, never pay him a dime, and never see him again.  And the fans, who on a human level probably worry about his mental state, would also love to not see him suit up again.  Yet he continues on.....no fake injuries, no trip to the minors....nothing but the continued national mockery of being the biggest production for dollars paid bust in the history of the sport.  Fascinating.

Whatever he is laughing all the way to the bank.