Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

There was that, but then I think Tony locked it down and started a new one for some reason.  The Tex thing was truly a weird time around here . 

I'm thinking part 6 was the final one, but I could be wrong.  I was new to the board at the time, I might have been lurking even.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm thinking part 6 was the final one, but I could be wrong.  I was new to the board at the time, I might have been lurking even.

I don't remember how many threads there were but I wouldn't be surprised if there were six.

Visions of Tex at the Ravens game and a WOW offer.  Fun times.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't remember how many threads there were but I wouldn't be surprised if there were six.

Visions of Tex at the Ravens game and a WOW offer.  Fun times.

And after all the drama the O's were better off, IMO, with Tex turning them down.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

There were 11 numbered threads altogether.  Absurd number of views and responses.

We were better off not getting him.  Worked out for the Yankees decently, might not have lived up to the contract entirely but they got a ring with him.  

But the way people were acting, you'd have thought we were getting Babe Ruth in his prime.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

We were better off not getting him.  Worked out for the Yankees decently, might not have lived up to the contract entirely but they got a ring with him.  

But the way people were acting, you'd have thought we were getting Babe Ruth in his prime.

I skimmed part X and it is surprising to me how few people are against the contract numbers being thrown around.  Folks have gotten a lot smarter about these types of deals.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I skimmed part X and it is surprising to me how few people are against the contract numbers being thrown around.  Folks have gotten a lot smarter about these types of deals.

I skimmed Episode I and II.  Fun to see some of the old posters and what it was like back then.

I agree, way smarter about these deals but...not smart enough...ahem....

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or the 2012-2016 playoff runs.

Some people would make that trade.  Ridding yourself of a franchise crippling contract in exchange for stretch that produced 0 wins past the divisional round? It's tempting.  And I thoroughly enjoyed those teams. 

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I skimmed Episode I and II.  Fun to see some of the old posters and what it was like back then.

I agree, way smarter about these deals but...not smart enough...ahem....

JTrea and Justin Smoak

• Upvote 1