Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

4 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Or the fat guy who put his beer down...

That could be the O's new promotion.  Who will be the lucky fan that will pinch hit for Davis.  At least they can make an attempt to put the ball in play instead of watching strike 3 go past.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:42 PM, weams said:

If I'm your teammate, I talk to you about after baseball plans.  And VERY secure investments. 

0d452826373769.56354912ef37b.jpg

It is wise to be represented by the one who hands the owners the book.

The players are left smiling while the fans are usually left crying and they aren't tears of joy.

19baa826373769.563548e387a32.jpg

Boras Corp. Pitch Book - In case anyone hasn't seen or heard of the book.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

.480 was not the low. 0 for 4 with 1 K and GIDP. OPS down to .473 for a new low. Is .473 the low?

Chris Davis is in a tight battle with rookie  Lewis Brinson CF of the Marlins for next to worst OPS in majors...Davis is at .473 and Brinson is at .462.   Although Kole Calhoun of the Angels continues to lead with an OPS of .374 in perhaps the worst offensive performance in the last half century.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2018/5/19/17367036/kole-calhoun-angels-offense-struggle-fastballs

8 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Chris Davis is in a tight battle with rookie  Lewis Brinson CF of the Marlins for next to worst OPS in majors...Davis is at .473 and Brinson is at .462.   Although Kole Calhoun of the Angels continues to lead with an OPS of .374 in perhaps the worst offensive performance in the last half century.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2018/5/19/17367036/kole-calhoun-angels-offense-struggle-fastballs

Davis has a much worse WAR though. And is being 140 million more dollars over the life of his deal. Calhoun seems like a bargain at this point.

Edited by El_Duderino

1 hour ago, El_Duderino said:

Davis has a much worse WAR though. And is being 140 million more dollars over the life of his deal. Calhoun seems like a bargain at this point.

Yes, Calhoun’s defense ups his WAR and the money is flushed down the drain as clearly Davis is one of the worst contracts in baseball...but I was just talking about comparing offensive performance...   And Calhoun’s offense this year is historically bad as well. 

I'm wondering, maybe Davis plays so poorly, that he eventually realizes he doesn't have it anymore, and then maybe approaches the O's about some type of buyout in exchange for a retirement announcement?    Yeah, its alot of money to leave on the table, and if he really thinks he can somehow become a legit everyday MLB'er again, its a moot point.  But maybe he values his time and at least salvaging some goodwill from fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GuidoSarducci said:

I'm wondering, maybe Davis plays so poorly, that he eventually realizes he doesn't have it anymore, and then maybe approaches the O's about some type of buyout in exchange for a retirement announcement?    Yeah, its alot of money to leave on the table, and if he really thinks he can somehow become a legit everyday MLB'er again, its a moot point.  But maybe he values his time and at least salvaging some goodwill from fans.

And Maybe pigs fly.