Elias interview 105.7

eddie83

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

You got the key points.    He certainly didn’t make it sound like Escobar is the presumptive favorite at SS.    He’s just a veteran option to compete with the young guys.    

I wonder who he’s scouting down there?    I see that IMG Academy has a couple of guys in Fangraphs ‘ top 50.

At first I thought it was a little strange that he would be at a HS game scouting, but then what the heck else does he have to do?  Sign milb FAs?  It’s not like we’re in trade talks or trying to piece together a “contender”. 

Sounds like Elias will be really involved in the draft. Like making the top picks involved. Did we keep the guy that had been doing the draft the last few years?  I thought he was doing a good job. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

At first I thought it was a little strange that he would be at a HS game scouting, but then what the heck else does he have to do?  Sign milb FAs?  It’s not like we’re in trade talks or trying to piece together a “contender”. 

Sounds like Elias will be really involved in the draft. Like making the top picks involved. Did we keep the guy that had been doing the draft the last few years?  I thought he was doing a good job. 

Elias did not rehire O's former scouting director Gary Rajsich.

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

It's in our best interest if Trumbo comes back. Show he's healthy and make himself tradeable.

What would you give up for half a season of Mark Trumbo and the pro-rated portion of his $13.5M salary?  He was worth just a bit more than $13.5M the year he hit 47 homers.

I guess if he hits like he did last year they might be able to flip him for some salary relief and a Grade C prospect.

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What would you give up for half a season of Mark Trumbo and the pro-rated portion of his $13.5M salary?  He was worth just a bit more than $13.5M the year he hit 47 homers.

I guess if he hits like he did last year they might be able to flip him for some salary relief and a Grade C prospect.

I wonder of DD is doing anything?  Might we hire him as a consultant to check it out?  What about Brady?  :ph34r:

4 hours ago, scOtt said:

It's in our best interest if Trumbo comes back. Show he's healthy and make himself tradeable.

Trumbo could come back and hit like Babe Ruth for a couple of weeks, and I don't think it would make much difference in terms of what we could potentially get for him.  Trumbo isn't some enigma that has been up and down or trying to work themselves out, and he's not some young budding superstar that needs a change of scenery that could fetch a haul.  All of baseball, even the most devoted to the old school sexy stats, likely know who he is and what he is at this point, and that isn't going to be worth much of anything, barring a momentarily lapse of sanity.

4 hours ago, scOtt said:

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

No one's gonna give up any value for him.  

He undoubtedly our best hitter when he is Healthy

Archived