Elias interview 105.7

eddie83

On 2/22/2019 at 7:45 PM, TheOtherRipken said:

Im not sure how to copy and paste it. Compare OPS year over year and compare his monthly splits in his career. Its all over the place. The only thing he is consistent at is a yearly .300 ish obp. 

Trumbo does have an .809 OPS in the first half versus .706 OPS in the second half for his career.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I was driving but Elias was on earlier with Steve Melewski for about an inning during the online broadcast. 

- said he looked into Bundy HR rate and thought some was luck related. Said he is fly ball pitcher, also analytics and pitch sequencing for Dylan can help  

-sounds very high on Diaz. Can’t recall exact adjective. By way he sounds think he starts at AA. Said along lines of hasn’t graduated yet from AA 

- said will monitor Davis, if they have to intervene they will. Talking about approach. Said typical about how he is in good shape  

-Ruiz was a guy they signed because of underslot for Correa when in Houston 

-said he has personally met with top amateur talent over winter and will do so again. Talked about how they will monitor top 5 of draft. Said several choices he feels good about. 

Regarding Bundy,

My whole thing with Bundy is that he has come out with completely different stuff from start to start and even month to month.

We see him get lit up when he is topping out at 91 and lacks finish on his breaking pitches and then we see him look like an Ace when he is 92-95 with plus-plus breaking and off speed stuff. 

I wish I could say a regression to the mean in giving up the long ball will bring his ERA way down, but I feel like it's going to come down to his stuff and whether he can maintain consistency with it from start to start.  

10 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I was driving but Elias was on earlier with Steve Melewski for about an inning during the online broadcast. 

- said he looked into Bundy HR rate and thought some was luck related. Said he is fly ball pitcher, also analytics and pitch sequencing for Dylan can help  

-sounds very high on Diaz. Can’t recall exact adjective. By way he sounds think he starts at AA. Said along lines of hasn’t graduated yet from AA 

- said will monitor Davis, if they have to intervene they will. Talking about approach. Said typical about how he is in good shape  

-Ruiz was a guy they signed because of underslot for Correa when in Houston 

-said he has personally met with top amateur talent over winter and will do so again. Talked about how they will monitor top 5 of draft. Said several choices he feels good about. 

These comments make me think Diaz and Hays both start in Double A.   If Diaz has't graduated either has Hays, considering he had less at bats there last season and performed worse. 

3 hours ago, ChuckS said:

These comments make me think Diaz and Hays both start in Double A.   If Diaz has't graduated either has Hays, considering he had less at bats there last season and performed worse. 

I think Hays and Diaz are different boats. Hays is already on the 40 man. Has already had some MLB ABs. I think he is very much in for one of the OF spots. Especially if Trumbo starts on the DL and Mancini is the DH. 

Sounds like he’s down playing expectations for Diaz right now. I’m sure they are just as impressed with him as we are but part of being the GM is to make the best long term decisions for the franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

We need to know what they said!   I'm sure they dropped bombshells that will radically change everything!

:)

Hopefully someone will summarize.

I just enjoy hearing the guy talk. 

He exudes confidence. I thought yesterday his comment on Diaz was telling. 

Archived