Is Steve Wilkerson the next JD Martinez?

AceKing

First off, LOL

Second off, he went this offseason to work with the famous coach that helped JD Martinez figure everything out.  The coach’s name is Craig Wallenbrock.  Wilkerson already sounds different about hitting. This is a quote from Melewski’s blog this morning.

“Was just working on cleaning up my (bat) path and getting myself in the correct position to hit the ball more consistently,” he said. ” Wanted to make my swing path more efficient. Getting my lower half in the right position to see the ball and drive it.”

I guess lots of players go to that coach at s9me point, and maybe I am glad that he has decided to spend his offseason that way, just like JD Martinez famously did for the Astros when he became superhuman.

I have not heard of any othe Orioles going to this coach, in fact I would love to know more about it.  Anyone else heard of any other Os going to him?

Go Os, and Go Steve, I guess.

Edited by AceKing
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Send Davis.

It'd be cool to finally have one of these AAAA guys turn into a stud for us.  I feel like we never get lucky with that type of stuff.  I guess we did have Steve Pearce for his big year.  But seeing a guy like Max Muncy last year, that stuff never seems to happen for us.

Every time I see a Muncy breakout from nowhere, I can’t help thinking what masking agent are they using to avoid a positive drug test.  

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Send Davis.

It'd be cool to finally have one of these AAAA guys turn into a stud for us.  I feel like we never get lucky with that type of stuff.  I guess we did have Steve Pearce for his big year.  But seeing a guy like Max Muncy last year, that stuff never seems to happen for us.

I mean back when the earth was new, David Newhan did it for a month and a half.  That counts for something, right?

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Every time I see a Muncy breakout from nowhere, I can’t help thinking what masking agent are they using to avoid a positive drug test.  

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's possible.  But Muncy's approach, stance and swing changes were well covered last year.  

Muncy is one, and Chris Taylor was another one that went to this coach before last year.  The Dodgers connection seems conspicuous btw.

Anyway, this year, I also see that Jackie Bradley Jr. went to work with him, too. Sadly he was the easiest out on the Sawx last year :(

• Upvote 1