Silly me, I like winning spring training games

Frobby

Yeah, they mean nothing, but I’m enjoying winning our share of spring training games.      In fact, I was disappointed last week when two of our MiL relief pitchers blew saves and we had to settle for ties. So far we are 6-3-2, and would be 8-3 without those blown saves!

We probably won’t win much this year, so I’m going to enjoy winning whether the games count or not!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re winning games because the young guys are mashing. We’ll see how big the service clock issue really is. Take the best 25 north and sort the rest out later. 

I don't think the decision on who to bring north will be based on service clock OR on how they perform in spring training.

I think it will be based on whether they feel a player needs more developmental time in the minor leagues or not.

I agree completely. This team is better than people think. The pitching is my biggest concern. There are a few guys who are pitching themselves off of the team.  Lets hope we can pick up a starter or two somewhere and stop worrying about the 2020 #1 pick. So we get the number 4 or 5 pick. That's still pretty dam good.  I guess everyone has read how well our probable #1 pick from Oregon, the catcher,  has started the season. 5 HR's in his first 10 games and is hitting .375. What else do we need? A quality 3B ?  Maybe Nunez or Ruiz is the answer.  Seriously ! What positions do we need to fill? I think we have a quality outfield developing along with our infield. The starters #4 and # 5 are still a mystery.  Don't rule out Jimmy Yac !

4 hours ago, section18 said:

I agree completely. This team is better than people think. The pitching is my biggest concern. There are a few guys who are pitching themselves off of the team.  Lets hope we can pick up a starter or two somewhere and stop worrying about the 2020 #1 pick. So we get the number 4 or 5 pick. That's still pretty dam good.  I guess everyone has read how well our probable #1 pick from Oregon, the catcher,  has started the season. 5 HR's in his first 10 games and is hitting .375. What else do we need? A quality 3B ?  Maybe Nunez or Ruiz is the answer.  Seriously ! What positions do we need to fill? I think we have a quality outfield developing along with our infield. The starters #4 and # 5 are still a mystery.  Don't rule out Jimmy Yac !

You bring up a good point that I really hadn’t thought of. We can check the Oregon State highlights/box scores for optimism when needed. 

Archived