Escobar released

Going Underground

25 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He was a good influence on the young infielders in ST.    

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How do you know?

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its been reported.

When we signed Escobar, I saw some reporting that he’s considered a good teammate, etc. I really didn’t see anything after that.   But you probably read more of this stuff than I do.   I don’t have any reason to doubt that Escobar was a good influence, I was just wondering if there were any specifics out there.   

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He was a good influence on the young infielders in ST.    

Very worth it, and the young IF really performed. Sucre has an opt out tomorrow. Maybe now we won’t DFA Alberto?  I still think that’s the case, but it would be losing our SS “depth” real fast. 

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Very worth it, and the young IF really performed. Sucre has an opt out tomorrow. Maybe now we won’t DFA Alberto?  I still think that’s the case, but it would be losing our SS “depth” real fast. 

I think they tell Sucre he made the team.   Also the SS position is deep.   Martin, Jackson, and at AAA Reinheimer and Vincej  Just  because they DFA'd Alberto it does mean someone claims him.   I think the wait right before OD when he hasthe best chance to making it through.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wynns was supposed to take live BP but hopes to tomorrow. He is running out of time. Maybe gets in three games if he even gets in a game.I see Sucre staying for a bit.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Let go this afternoon. So Jackson and Martin probably on the team.

Someone a couple of days ago said that he was only signed as insurance in case the rule five guys flopped. Neither of them has, so he is unnecessary. I wish him good fortune, but I will always be mildly bitter about 2014.

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

When we signed Escobar, I saw some reporting that he’s considered a good teammate, etc. I really didn’t see anything after that.   But you probably read more of this stuff than I do.   I don’t have any reason to doubt that Escobar was a good influence, I was just wondering if there were any specifics out there.   

In the Sirius XM interview, Richie Jackson was asked if Escobar influenced him.  Richie gave a mild compliment.  He said that he watches players more than talking to them (and e.g., used watching Jeter as a big influence).  He appreciated how Alcides " went about his business" and had some good takes watching him practice.

12 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

He was not the greatest SS in the world; this is just a tribute.

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I typed it out an hour ago and deleted it.

Thought and thought no one would get it.   Fun album.    

Archived