Evan Phillips deserves a bullpen spot

wildcard

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's cute you think Cobb will pitch. He'll get a hangnail is his first spring training start and end up missing the entire 2020 season. The starting rotation situation is so unstable, I wouldn't even bank on Bundy and Means.

I would look at bringing Cashner back on a one year deal assuming his troubles in Boston aren't health related. I'm interested in seeing what Elias does to get the starting rotation through the 2020 season. Plus how Elias proceeds after spending a year in the organization. 

I think Elias continues with he waiver wire claims and cheap AAA acquisitions. it will be tricky because Norfolk should have Lowther, Wells, Baumann, Kremer and maybe Akin in it.  Not much room for AAAA starters.  I am waiting to see how Akins finished the season to see if he is ready for the major next spring.

I don't see Cashner returning.  He is too expensive.

4 minutes ago, Sessh said:

You wanted "anyone" called up. Shepherd has never thrown a pitch in the majors. What are you complaining about exactly? Deck chair replacing deck chair? How would that be different in this case if it was anyone else? We're calling up a guy who has never thrown a pitch and that's your response? You don't really know what you want, do you?

You misunderstand me. I’m very glad shepherd is being called up. I’m very glad Phillips is going down.

I don’t think it will make any difference. That was my point. I’ve never suggested that a new guy would be getting anything but a chance and I want as many guys as possible to have that chance.

I have hope that every new guy will be successful, but I have no illusions about that likelihood.

That should be clear. 

I'm about to get on a plane to Taipei so I’m going to miss tonight’s game but I will be rooting for everyone, Shepherd included.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think Elias continues with he waiver wire claims and cheap AAA acquisitions. it will be tricky because Norfolk should have Lowther, Wells, Baumann, Kremer and maybe Akin in it.  Not much room for AAAA starters.  I am waiting to see how Akins finished the season to see if he is ready for the major next spring.

I don't see Cashner returning.  He is too expensive.

Akin if Elias thinks he is ready could be up in May. But the organization is going to be really careful about rushing any of the pitching prospects. I think Cashner will be cheap to sign, but all it take is one team to overpay. I want to see one waiver wire acquisition pan out instead of seeing the next Straily. Or perhaps an international player like when Duquette signed Gonzalez and Chen. 

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Akin if Elias thinks he is ready could be up in May. But the organization is going to be really careful about rushing any of the pitching prospects. I think Cashner will be cheap to sign, but all it take is one team to overpay. I want to see one waiver wire acquisition pan out instead of seeing the next Straily. Or perhaps an international player like when Duquette signed Gonzalez and Chen. 

I think there will be so many FAs available for cheap it is too early to speculate, but im Much more curious about the guys removed from 40-man rosters. Some good fam systems will be dumping some legit possibilities, all of whom will be cheap and may have options remaining.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am not sure about that.Elias is searching for starters to fill out the rotation behind Means, Bundy, and Cobb next season until the AA-Bowie crowd is ready hopefully at mid season. Blach and Shepard are the latest two starter candidates. I think that they will get time in the rotation for a while. Brooks, Ynoa, and Eshelman will move to the bullpen for now. More waiver wire claims are no doubt in the Orioles' future.

o

Even though it has been an extremely small sample size, I am kind of excited about the possibility of Wojciechoswki becoming a starter of (at least) serviceable caliber in the near future. In 4 out of his last 6 starts, he has a 2.84 ERA and an 0.789 WHIP with 6 Walks and 28 Strikeouts over 25.33 Innings Pitched ........ that said, he has also had 2 sub-par starts sandwiched in between those 4 solid ones, in which he ceded 9 Earned Runs in only 8.67 Innings Pitched.

o

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I think there will be so many FAs available for cheap it is too early to speculate, but im Much more curious about the guys removed from 40-man rosters. Some good fam systems will be dumping some legit possibilities, all of whom will be cheap and may have options remaining.

Ok, as long as you remember that FA pitchers only come to the Camden Yards  launching pad as a last resort.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...