Sat July 26 LAA @ BAL

porterhouse

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would feel more sorry for the offense who I'm sure feels like they need to score 8 runs to win with him on the mound.

Or you could feel bad for the bullpen who has to work 4-6 innings every game he pitches.

But I wouldn't feel sorry for a guy who was given his opportunity in the bigs to show what he could do and not execute.

You make it seem like he isn't trying.

I feel sorry for him because it has become clear that he is being asked to do something he just isn't ready to.

Liz had terrible command and mechanics in the minors. I don't know why people expected him to come up here and get big league hitters out when he couldn't throw strikes in the minors.

I feel sorry for him because it has become clear that he is being asked to do something he just isn't ready to.

Liz had terrible command and mechanics in the minors. I don't know why people expected him to come up here and get big league hitters out when he couldn't throw strikes in the minors.

Perfectly said, he needs to prove himself in the minors, heck every pitcher should prove himself in the minors before he gets called up to the bigs.

I noticed that just tonight! Liz' mechanics are a LOT better now. Last year he was falling off towards 1st so bad that he'd lose his balance. Tonight, he still falls off, but not near as bad. He's still balanced. If there is such a thing, I'd say he's at least ML average.

His command was good at times tonight... just horrendous at other times. Don't let the bonehead popup play sway your judgement. It's meaningless.

I missed the last couple of games. Was Fahey injured or something? I don't see why this guy is playing over Fahey unless it's a late game defensive replacement. I'm actually coming around on Fahey. He's nothing fantastic, but he is less frustrating to watch than the others.

I noticed that just tonight! Liz' mechanics are a LOT better now. Last year he was falling off towards 1st so bad that he'd lose his balance. Tonight, he still falls off, but not near as bad. He's still balanced. If there is such a thing, I'd say he's at least ML average.

His command was good at times tonight... just horrendous at other times. Don't let the bonehead popup play sway your judgement. It's meaningless.

Yeah, his mechanics are better, but he's still git a ways to go, IMO.

I think that people forget that this is a guy who had a walk rate of 4.5 BB/9 in his minor league career. if you are overpowering, you can get away with that in the minors, not so much in the majors.

the fact that Liz has struggled in the majors should come as a surprise to no one.

Archived