Sherill being looked at by phillies?

Saintbird

No he's not...The Phillies view Carrasco as their #1 guy..so does BA.

Gammons just mentioned that the Indians got a better deal for Blake because they paid all of his remaining salary.

I wonder if we offer to pay most or all of Bradford's salary if we could get LaRoche for him(or take back Nomar if they want to part with him because of their SS situation..could send them Cintron back).

Be pretty nice to end up with Donald, Happ and LaRoche.

Nomar has become their starting SS, don't see them dealing him as a salary dump.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eaton is probably going down and Happ is replacing him on the roster but will likely work out of the bullpen IMO. I imagine they'll test him out there and if he succeeds, then they won't need to trade for Sherrill or any other LH reliever.

I'm not sure that sounds right. If that were the case, wouldn't they have known that before having him start today's game?

I believe something happened causing them to pull him in the third inning today, and I think there is a good chance that it involves the Orioles.

I'm not sure that sounds right. If that were the case, wouldn't they have known that before having him start today's game?

I believe something happened causing them to pull him in the third inning today, and I think there is a good chance that it involves the Orioles.

Maybe. I hope you're right and I'm wrong because a Phillies deal of Happ and Donald would be the best we could hope for for Flat Breezy...

Maybe. I hope you're right and I'm wrong because a Phillies deal of Happ and Donald would be the best we could hope for for Flat Breezy...

I'm debating whether I'd even do Donald straight up. We really need a SS and he could be the future. Big for the position, good defense, and nice bat.

Actually, in the minors, you never know in advance. However, usually, the ML club knows when a starting pitcher is to pitch and will make their desicion around that.

The issue that I see with him going up, is that at 9 p.m. tonight, several hours after he had been pulled, he still did know what was going on. Usually, right when they take you out, they will let you know that you are going up. The trade is the only thing you wouldn't know.

I guess it is all up to Gillick and how he handles things.

Y'all have fun with your Adam Jones conspiracy theories, been there, did that. If something happened we will hear about it before Friday.:laughlol:

Does anybody know where to find a guy whose mom works for the Phillies airline? Haha when that happened it was pure gold. He told us Jones, Sherrill, and Tillman had plane tickets.

Actually, in the minors, you never know in advance. However, usually, the ML club knows when a starting pitcher is to pitch and will make their desicion around that.

The issue that I see with him going up, is that at 9 p.m. tonight, several hours after he had been pulled, he still did know what was going on. Usually, right when they take you out, they will let you know that you are going up. The trade is the only thing you wouldn't know.

I guess it is all up to Gillick and how he handles things.

Thanks, elsid. That does make it sound like there may have been a trade, doesn't it? I am excited that we may have worked out a deal with the Phillies. As much as I'd hate to see your brother go, if we were to get back both Donald and Happ, that would be a very good return, IMO. Hopefully it would work out well for George, too.

Does anybody know where to find a guy whose mom works for the Phillies airline? Haha when that happened it was pure gold. He told us Jones, Sherrill, and Tillman had plane tickets.

Lol I forgot about that!

And I believe that no one believed him, correct?

Lol I forgot about that!

And I believe that no one believed him, correct?

Well lets be honest it was hard to believe. And I also remember somebody watching the DR League game and trying to translate the announcers who said he was pulled lol

Bah. With our luck Cincy probably packaged Paul Bako over to Phillie for Utley, Donald, and Happ. We all know how valuable Bako is gonna be to Phillie when they have to play the Yankees in the WS. Next time, Bako is gonna hit TWO three run homers. Or as Thorne would say, in his soft voice, the three RBI homerun...

Joking... Just a joke.. Im working all night and need to entertain myself.

Bah. With our luck Cincy probably packaged Paul Bako over to Phillie for Utley, Donald, and Happ. We all know how valuable Bako is gonna be to Phillie when they have to play the Yankees in the WS. Next time, Bako is gonna hit TWO three run homers. Or as Thorne would say, in his soft voice, the three RBI homerun...

Joking... Just a joke.. Im working all night and need to entertain myself.

Just pop in some oxy clean, use the ding king, and polish it off with a sham wow and you'll feel better. Just curious, what job requires a computer all night?

I sure hope so man. Maybe with the power of Oxy Clean, AM can get this done. And remove the coffee stains from his shirt. You know.. the shirt that he spilled coffee on while trying to stay awake to hammer out the last minute details to get this trade done.

Archived