2019 Washington Nationals

OFFNY

As long as he is good enough, I am sure Strasburg will have 125+ pitches to try and do throwback Jack Morris things tomorrow but if it ends up just a regular game then I will be curious to see if they trust or shy away from Corbin after Sunday's meltdown.

Watching Game 3, I felt they should have gone to Corbin for Pederson/Muncy third time through despite Anibal's effectiveness.  Muncy cutting it to 2-1 kind of uncorked the bottle.

11 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Kershaw comes in and one out later gives up back-to-back solo homers! Nats / Dodgers tied at 3-3 in the top of the 8th. Maeda in to pitch.

I almost started a thread titled: Kershaw.The first post was going to be “why?”  Then I saw your post and I walked away from the ledge a bit.

4 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I almost started a thread titled: Kershaw.The first post was going to be “why?”  Then I saw your post and I walked away from the ledge a bit.

"Why?" because you thought Kersh was going to shut the Nats down? He does have that poor post-season record and the loss in his start earlier in the series.

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

"Why?" because you thought Kersh was going to shut the Nats down? He does have that poor post-season record and the loss in his start earlier in the series.

If it was a random game in June he would have shut them down. He is the poster child for the idea that anti-clutchitude exists. There is a much bigger chunk of counter evidence that suggests it doesn’t. Then there is Kershaw. Why????

Cards over Braves, Nats over Dodgers: This is the aspect of baseball's playoffs I really dislike. We're about to see two teams that totaled 203 wins eliminated by two teams that won 184 games. But I understand why MLB does it.