2019 REMINDER Thread (American League Playoffs Begin, 10/02)

OFFNY

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Saturday's game vs. the Twins will start at 2:10 PM.

o

I'll be at Lake Anna, Virginia, on my phone. I'll try to check in on the game thread.

I'm ignoring everyone Sunday so I can watch the replay at 11:30 like it's a live game.

• Thanks 1

Day game works for me.   My son in law works as a musical director and we have tickets to see the show he’s currently doing tonight, Into the Woods at Ford’s Theater (yes, that Ford’s Theater).    So, happy to have my cake and eat it, too.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Haha, you're serious about getting away from women! Will you be fishing and grilling?

No fishing. We're actually more doing some chores around the cabin. Laying a drainage pipe at the front of the lane. Building an outhouse of sorts. Some other odds and ends. And of course tending the fire, grilling, telling tales, drinking, poker. Some of the guys will be smoking, I have to behave. But all that good stuff.

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

No fishing. We're actually more doing some chores around the cabin. Laying a drainage pipe at the front of the lane. Building an outhouse of sorts. Some other odds and ends. And of course tending the fire, grilling, telling tales, drinking, poker. Some of the guys will be smoking, I have to behave. But all that good stuff.

Sounds like good fun--and productive! I'm holed up here in Seoul. There are beautiful mountains and lakes nearby, but I have to spend all my free time reading and cogitating to stay ahead of my students. The only real temptation is a traditional winehouse and restaurant 3 min. walk down the alley where they make their own incredible soju in-house from rice (think 140-proof sake)--the real stuff, not the chemical poison in green bottles that everybody drinks and thinks is representative of Korea. I'm in a guesthouse here long-term and whenever I befriend a new visitor that's where we head!

30 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Sounds like good fun--and productive! I'm holed up here in Seoul. There are beautiful mountains and lakes nearby, but I have to spend all my free time reading and cogitating to stay ahead of my students. The only real temptation is a traditional winehouse and restaurant 3 min. walk down the alley where they make their own incredible soju in-house from rice (think 140-proof sake)--the real stuff, not the chemical poison in green bottles that everybody drinks and thinks is representative of Korea. I'm in a guesthouse here long-term and whenever I befriend a new visitor that's where we head!

How are the students there?    

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Day game works for me.   My son in law works as a musical director and we have tickets to see the show he’s currently doing tonight, Into the Woods at Ford’s Theater (yes, that Ford’s Theater).    So, happy to have my cake and eat it, too.   

You have no idea how Hard he works to put on that show. Much respect for him. It’s fun by the way you’ll enjoy it

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

I’ve had a lot of that evil stuff in the green bottles that you reference, but now I want to make a trip to Korea to taste the real stuff.

And what do you teach? And if you’re in Korea, have you had a chance to watch Tyler Wilson?

Just now, Philip said:

You have no idea how Hard he works to put on that show. Much respect for him. It’s fun by the way you’ll enjoy it

Oh, I’ve got a pretty good idea.    Both he and my daughter work in the local DC theater world.    Today he’s got a matinee and an evening show, each 3 hours 15 minutes and the music is almost non-stop. We’ll see him after the show tonight and I’m sure he’ll be exhausted.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Oh, I’ve got a pretty good idea.    Both he and my daughter work in the local DC theater world.    Today he’s got a matinee and an evening show, each 3 hours 15 minutes and the music is almost non-stop. We’ll see him after the show tonight and I’m sure he’ll be exhausted.  

Good for them! It’s hard to break into theater(or theatre, if you want to be a snob) world, especially in a place like DC.

10 hours ago, scOtt said:

I'll be at Lake Anna, Virginia, on my phone. I'll try to check in on the game thread.

I'm ignoring everyone Sunday so I can watch the replay at 11:30 like it's a live game.

Lake Anna, Virginia? I’ve never heard of if. Virginia is a very pretty state. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Saturday's game vs. the Twins will start at 2:10 PM.

o

o

First-pitch is a little more than 45 minutes away ........ and we have a game thread set up for it.

o