Hunter Harvey 2019

wildcard

10 hours ago, bpilktree said:

The box of chocolates pitcher went 7.1 innings 5h 2Bb 1er 5 k.   Let’s try again to get back to back good starts once again next time around.  It’s been good start bad start good start las couple times around.

He took the loss because the offense failed him but he also gave up a homerun, hit a batter and threw a wild pitch...so it was more of a mixed bag.

89 pitches, 58 strikes

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

He took the loss because the offense failed him but he also gave up a homerun, hit a batter and threw a wild pitch...so it was more of a mixed bag.

89 pitches, 58 strikes

Longest outing of his career. 

• 2 weeks later...

I keep thinking Harvey and Hall are our 8-9 inning guys in 2021, or maybe 7-8. I hope  they both make it as starters, but we may have enough with Rodriguez, Lowther, Means, Kremer and Akin - with Wells, Bauman, Bundy and some others as possibilities

Edited by orioles22

2 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I keep thinking Harvey and Hall are our 8-9 inning guys in 2021, or maybe 7-8. I hope  they both make it as starters, but we may have enough with Rodriguez, Lowther, Means, Kremer and Akin - with Wells, Bauman, Bundy and some others as possibilities

Harvey yes.  Hall no he has all the pitches to be a starter and should be a good one unless he has injuries.  Hall has the best pure stuff in the organization at this time.

• Upvote 1

Harvey pitched in relief again tonight: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K’s.   First time he’s had back-to-back good outings all year, though both were in relief and lasted 3 innings.

I’m not sure if this signals that he’s being converted to a reliever, or whether it’s just a way to manage his innings.    He’s now thrown 56 on the year.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Harvey pitched in relief again tonight: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K’s.   First time he’s had back-to-back good outings all year, though both were in relief and lasted 3 innings.

I’m not sure if this signals that he’s being converted to a reliever, or whether it’s just a way to manage his innings.    He’s now thrown 56 on the year.   

Didn't they say they were not going to manage his innings?

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Didn't they say they were not going to manage his innings?

Meoli wrote that the move to the bullpen was innings related, but that it also presents another path to the majors:

The change was made to keep his innings under control and possibly give him another path to the majors, and if Friday’s performance was any indication, it’s an intriguing possibility.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-hunter-harvey-20190614-story,amp.html

• Upvote 1