Game Today 4/11 vs A's

MongoBoy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TGO said:

He was pitching pretty well up to that point. He missed his spot badly. Severino sitting off outside corner and he left the fastball middle-in, knee high.

That is Bundy's problem. He always seems to be cruising and then he throws a cookie that gets murdered. If I strike out the side but in between allow a home run, I'm still a 9.00 ERA pitcher no matter what the K rate tells me.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Is the ball flying, or are the balls being hit hard off some poor pitching? I'm not seeing too many cheap HRs. Even in the first row, that ball had a .730 xBA. That means it was hit well.

I'm basically an old eye ball guy. Davis's first out this game had a higher EV and went further, but it was just an out.

Just now, OldNewGuy said:

I'm basically an old eye ball guy. Davis's first out this game had a higher EV and went further, but it was just an out.

I didn't see it, but Davis' first lineup had a .650 xBA so it was obviously some bad luck there. He's actually been hitting the ball decently of late, but having some bad luck.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That is Bundy's problem. He always seems to be cruising and then he throws a cookie that gets murdered. If I strike out the side but in between allow a home run, I'm still a 9.00 ERA pitcher no matter what the K rate tells me.

You can get away with that a little more when you throw in the mid/high 90s, not 90-91.

Archived