Keegan Akin 2019

ChuckS

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Akin with six shutout innings today with a win. I'd like to see him reel off some wins to close the season

Tate with three shutout innings for a save. I've always been a fan of three-inning saves. I think Tate and Harvey could give us that option next year.

6 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Akin with six shutout innings today with a win. I'd like to see him reel off some wins to close the season

Tate with three shutout innings for a save. I've always been a fan of three-inning saves. I think Tate and Harvey could give us that option next year.

I don't see Tate making it through three innings in the majors very often.

4 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Maybe not. I like the idea of using two pitchers instead of six, but I liked starting pitchers who threw 20-plus complete games, so I'm a dinosaur.

Somebody digging your bones?

I like the idea of scrapping starting pitchers and just throwing relievers out there.

3 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

Wait until next year or do you guys think Akin could be called up to finish the year with the O's?

I’m pretty indifferent, but I think I’d wait.   He hasn’t set the world on fire.   Now, if he finishes the season on a roll, I might reconsider.   

34 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

Wait until next year or do you guys think Akin could be called up to finish the year with the O's?

He has only thrown 97 innings this year and has 4 starts left at most. I would like to see him at least come close to his inning total from last season of 137 and 2/3rds. I wouldn't be opposed to having him pitch a few innings for the Orioles in September.

If he closes strong, I'd like to see him get a few starts and set the stage for being our No. 5 guy next season. I think we could have an improved rotation next year with Bundy, Means, Wojo, Cobb (is he still under contract?) and Akin.

2 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

If he closes strong, I'd like to see him get a few starts and set the stage for being our No. 5 guy next season. I think we could have an improved rotation next year with Bundy, Means, Wojo, Cobb (is he still under contract?) and Akin.

I think we are seeing the real John Means so far in the 2nd half

He's my half-educated guess to lead team in September IP.   He's completed the minor league 5 months in each of the last 2 years, and I can imagine Starts 26-30 part of the org's goals for him this year.  He'll be 25 by Opening Day and no health blips yet.

It doesn't really make sense to me for what MLB hitters are like to stay unknown to him this offseason - I'll be more perplexed if he isn't called up.

Archived