Mullins optioned, Wilkerson called up, Lucas DFA'd

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, nate22 said:

I agree. I also think the object is to be as competitive as possible. We're still sort of a major league team. This isn't extended spring training.

Like, when Mullins is hitting 9th instead of your AA SS? It's time. You can't have two of those guys in addition to Davis. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nate22 said:

I agree. I also think the object is to be as competitive as possible. We're still sort of a major league team. This isn't extended spring training.

I don't think that is the object at all.  

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

With all the talk about the importance of defense, it strikes me that our outfield defense may not be as good as last year's. Of course, our pitchers do protect the outfielders by putting so many balls out of their reach.

I disagree, I think our outfield defense is probably the single most improved thing about the whole team. I have not checked the stats, but I think even Mancini in right is better than he was in left, and by a very wide margin.

Smith/Mullins/Rickard are real outfielders. Trumbo and Mancini are not, and God Bless Adam, he wasn’t very good in CF either. I’m not sure any of them is preventing the extra base taken, but they’re getting to a lot of balls that nobody got to last year, so fewer players are able to take an extra base regardless.

19 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Sure hope Diaz and Hays get to the majors sometime soon.

No one in our outfield can throw the ball 150 feet in the air.

Everyone is running on our weak OF arms

Is Hays even playing yet?  He sprained his thumb a month ago and I haven't heard a thing about him since. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Is Hays even playing yet?  He sprained his thumb a month ago and I haven't heard a thing about him since. 

No, Hays isnt playing. Haven't heard anything about his rehab either.  This injury is a real setback after last year.

4 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

No, Hays isnt playing. Haven't heard anything about his rehab either.  This injury is a real setback after last year.

Also Diaz is hitting .222 after not hitting too much at Bowie last year.  

1 hour ago, Philip said:

So now Rickard is starting CF, Smith in LF, and Mancini firm in RF, with Wilkerson as Backup OF?

That’s shaky on O and D both. I really like Joey but I think his weaknesses are going to be exposed.

God help us. Can we bring Mullins back? :)

Archived