Mullins optioned, Wilkerson called up, Lucas DFA'd

MurphDogg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Philip said:

Really wish we could have kept Jackson. 

Was Lucas just odd man out, or is he bad? Regardless, now we’ve lost a pitcher. Ynoa better be ready to hit the ground running.

Lucas is a AAAA right-handed relief arm. Shake a minor league tree and 10 Lucas's fall out.

The thinking on Wilkerson I guess is that you continue to delay making a decision on any top prospect and he's a guy that is easily slipped through DFA multiple times. Elias has used the DFA almost like you would use options. He's just doing it with guys that tend to slip through. And if they don't? Who cares lol. Wotherspoon, Rogers, Wright, etc. All figure to slip through and stay with the organization. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Idk how Stewart didn’t get the call?  We just DFA’d Wilkerson. Obviously, we aren’t too high on him. 

I guess they figure Wilkerson can hack it as a CF backup. Stewart you definitely don't want playing CF. And someone has to backup CF. I wonder why they didn't go with Mason Williams though. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hoping Mullins can find whatever he needs to make him a major leaguer.  

I'm not sure what Wilkerson brings up but alrighty then.

Curious. I would have expected Mason Williams or Santander. Of course, what does it all matter, anyway?

Wilkerson does have above average spring speed so if he can make the reads, he probably could handle CF. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't getting more reps there If this was the plan. Seemed to be a disconnect if you are playing Mason Williams everyday in CF then demote Mullins and bring up Wilkerson who has one game in CF on his resume. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think it means it was 12 balls and 9 strikes in the 6th inning and then the math would work out. Of course, that assumes he’s right/being honest about what it what through 5 IP. 
    • There was no reason for him to enter that game. 
    • Yeah, I agree. I think Baumann is fine. I half expect for them to option Akin because that buys them time to make a more permanent decision. We'll find out pretty darn soon, I presume.
    • Does the 6th inning not count?    Anyway, your math is wrong.  He threw 59 of 98 pitches for strikes.  You say he was 12-21 in the 6th.  That makes him 47 of 77 through 5.   That’s 61%, not 65%. But anyway, you’re picking one negative sentence in @Sports Guy’s post, when mostly he’s posting something positive.   Seems like you’re just looking to pick a fight, and/or overly defensive about any criticism of Povich, no matter how mild.    For me, if I were to grade Povich’s progress this year compared to my expectations, I’d probably give him a 9.9 out of 10.   Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t work on the 0.1.    I wanted to see him going 6+ innings pretty regularly as a next step in his progression.  Well, there’s one.    
    • 1) you didn’t answer my question..predictably. 2) All that shows is that he wears down as the game goes on, which is something we have discussed as a potential issue. But sure, the 65% is a good sign. If you had the ability to not be a complete dbag about him, you would see that people aren’t bashing him but any single comment that is a negative against him, you fly off the handle like some unhinged  college student.
    • Can they put Kimbrel on the DL for now, and keep both Baumann and Ramirez? Kimbrel warmed up last night, but didnt come in the game. Maybe he's still hurting.
    • There is definitely a heavy bias keeping the "unofficial" Power Rankings from straying too far from the "official" Prospect Rankings for the time being. Looks like only a couple guys have moved significantly based on performance.
  • Popular Contributors