vs. INDIANS, 5/16

OFFNY

I found this on a baseball rules site:

If a runner scores due to a fielder holding the ball or throwing to a different base, credit the RBI only if the runner was running towards home the whole time.  If he appeared to only be going to 3rd and decided to run home when the throw went to a different base, then score it as a fielder’s choice.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Exactly....i saw it and still can’t believe it.   The runner from second was halfway between third and home while Davis was putzing with the ball...rather than checking him first and then firing it across to third...where the guy would have been toast. 

Dare I watch the MLB.com video of it? Or will it numb my mind for the rest of the season?

9 hours ago, LA2 said:

Dare I watch the MLB.com video of it? Or will it numb my mind for the rest of the season?

I just did....still a mess.   The correct play was for Alberto to throw immediately to first to get the out.  Then deal with the runner going to second who would have been in a rundown while checking the guy who had rounded third.   Totally inept. 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

I just did....still a mess.   The correct play was for Alberto to throw immediately to first to get the out.  Then deal with the runner going to second who would have been in a rundown while checking the guy who had rounded third.   Totally inept. 

"We'll just have to work more on their base running"---Uncle Buck

Archived