Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

34 minutes ago, weams said:

This thread is for proposals. That make sense. 

Right, that’s a really optimistic package, I agree that the Rockies can use him, but they could’ve used Trumbo as well, And I don’t think the Rockies want to give up that much for trey

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

I hear you.  I just don't agree with you.  And neither does Trey.    It is the same analytic assumptions that said he wouldn't be productive at the big league level at all.  

No reason to blame this on “analytic assumptions.”   Some scouts thought he wasn’t selective enough, but he continued to grow as a hitter.   

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

No reason to blame this on “analytic assumptions.”   Some scouts thought he wasn’t selective enough, but he continued to grow as a hitter.   

It just remains to be seen whether his game continues to grow.  Some people think he has peaked and some, like me, think he can and will continue to still improve offensively AND defensively if some team (like maybe one that has lost over 100 games two years running) would simply keep him at 1b for 150 games.  

11 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It just remains to be seen whether his game continues to grow.  Some people think he has peaked and some, like me, think he can and will continue to still improve offensively AND defensively if some team (like maybe one that has lost over 100 games two years running) would simply keep him at 1b for 150 games.  

Hyde seems to think so.    Of course, it’s part of his job to say encouraging things about his players.   

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think the most that happened is that he called Dan and told him to "Trade for somebody but don't spend more money".  In which case Dan should have ignored him.

I think Buck went to PA and said he needed a outfielder for a pennant run. that would have preceded the PA call. Dysfunctional warehouse.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

I think Buck went to PA and said he needed a outfielder for a pennant run. that would have preceded the PA call. Dysfunctional warehouse.

So you are saying you would go along with my Colorado trade only if they throw in 250k of slot money?

16 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

I think you could be right. As I recall every time somebody worth while was available all you would hear is how weak our system was and there was no way we could outbid this team or that team 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hyde seems to think so.    Of course, it’s part of his job to say encouraging things about his players.   

A fair percentage of this board last winter predicted Trey  to do poorly in 2019 and that his 2018 season was basically who he was.  In 2020, I think Trey will exceed his 2019 stats in every major category both offensively and defensively.  Mark it down....December 2019 prediction...lol. 

• Upvote 1

Well apparently the Rockies have been in contact with the Orioles about Pedro Severino. If that is true, then it might very well be possible to package Mancini and Severino together and get a worthwhile return. Severino wouldn’t necessarily bring anything back by himself, But if we throw him in with Mancini, it might be possible to get one of the better packages that has been suggested in this post.

12 hours ago, tntoriole said:

A fair percentage of this board last winter predicted Trey  to do poorly in 2019 and that his 2018 season was basically who he was.  In 2020, I think Trey will exceed his 2019 stats in every major category both offensively and defensively.  Mark it down....December 2019 prediction...lol. 

If you are right, I hope that production is with someone else after being traded for a nice return.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

If you are right, I hope that production is with someone else after being traded for a nice return.

Hard to get a fair return when the common wisdom out there has for years convinced most all the decision makers that Trey is "limited", "not good" "liability"  "dime a dozen" etc..lol.   That is really why I think he will end up staying...that Elias and Hyde believe like I do...i.e. that he is actually more valuable than the analyses would suggest but that the market right at the moment is not going to move off the common wisdom as it has labelled Trey.  

When Trey is tearing it up at an MVP type level in the summer of 2020, then maybe a top contender's first baseman breaks a leg.....that is the only scenario that produces a fair return, imho.    Otherwise we are going to get less than fair if he is traded pretty much under any other scenario.   Although Elias may well just decide to push the button anyway and move on and just take "OK" return rather than a  "fair"  return despite his protestations to the contrary in public (which any GM would say).  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Trey had a great 2019 season.

• Upvote 1