Miclat signed..Bundy comes to terms

Until Brady started mowing people down in the CRSCBL, Bundy was the one player we drafted that dropped I wanted in the system. From what I've read, he's an all around great athlete, having hit .545 with 10 home runs as an infielder to go along with his sick numbers on the mound.

If he and Brady sign to go along with Hoes, Avery, Matusz and Miclat, this has to be considered a successful draft at this point. We won't truly know if the draft was a success, however, until 2012 or so.

I'm going to go on record as saying - barring arm injury - Bundy will be our top pitching prospect within two years.

Everything I've read screams plus-arm, good control, plus-make-up, plus athleticism. This pick, for me, could really make this draft.

I'm going to go on record as saying - barrign arm injury - Bundy will be our top pitching prospect within two years.

Everything I've read screams plus-arm, good control, plus-make-up, plus athleticism. This pick, for me, could really make this draft.

I'm assuming that you are assuming Tillman, Matusz and Arrieta are all with the Orioles in two years time. Nonetheless, I love the Bundy pick, as well. Definitely a player for us to be excited about.

I'm assuming he joins Hoes and Avery in the GCL?

I'm assuming that you are assuming Tillman, Matusz and Arrieta are all with the Orioles in two years time. Nonetheless, I love the Bundy pick, as well. Definitely a player for us to be excited about.

I'm assuming he joins Hoes and Avery in the GCL?

I am, indeed. I'm not usually a pie-eyed optimist. I actually think that's pretty realistic.

Arrieta's obviously AA-ready. Tillman is a known quantity. The only question mark is Matusz. And I'm not sure how big a question mark he is.

Power is so difficult to project and develop that I'm just as happy picking up Hoes and Avery early as both appear to be on the right track playing in the GCL. If they ink Brady, which I think is very likely with his performance and Dean Albany's association with him, this could turn out to be a fantastic draft.

Matusz, Bundy and Brady are all first round/supplemental talents with Hoes and Avery on top, it has to be considered a success in the short term at least.

Seriously. I can't believe how excited I am by this. This draft is looking FAR better than it did in the instant aftermath.

Though I still wish we'd drafted SOME power/patience guy. Someone. Somewhere.

If Robert Bundy plays baseball as well as Al Bundy played softball, we may have a future superstar on our hands. :)

If Robert Bundy plays baseball as well as Al Bundy played softball, we may have a future superstar on our hands. :)

I'm not usually heartened by this kind of stuff, but the reports I read say he had a 3.5 GPA in high school and was highly active in the community, working with kids, etc.

I mean, seriously glowing in every respect. Reports also have him back near the mid-90s with his FB. And that he pounds to the strike zone (almost to a fault.) Honestly, after watching Orioles pitching for the last five years, that's a fault I can live with.

Archived