How Does AR Affect Sisco?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Sisco's bat really proves to be a plus in the lineup but he continues to struggle defensively, then they really need to consider trying him out at 3B during Spring Training next season. 

If he's capable on both ends I imagine he will be a fine trade candidate.  Regardless, I don't think we would have to worry about moving him until the 2020 offseason/2021 season.  

33 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Or does it affect him at all?

It destroys his will to live.   

Sisco’s got 1.6 seasons to prove he’s a starting big league catcher.   If he does, we probably trade him.    If he doesn’t, he’s going to be a backup by early 2021 if all goes according to plan.  

Just now, Frobby said:

It destroys his will to live.   

Sisco’s got 1.6 seasons to prove he’s a starting big league catcher.   If he does, we probably trade him.    If he doesn’t, he’s going to be a backup by early 2021 if all goes according to plan.  

Yeah, his worry today should be establishing himself with his current opportunity.  If he can't do that then AR doesn't change anything.  If he does well, he could 1B/DH/C here and/or be traded.

11 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

If Sisco's bat really proves to be a plus in the lineup but he continues to struggle defensively, then they really need to consider trying him out at 3B during Spring Training next season. 

If he's capable on both ends I imagine he will be a fine trade candidate.  Regardless, I don't think we would have to worry about moving him until the 2020 offseason/2021 season.  

Third Base

1 minute ago, weams said:

Third Base

Just my impression, but I don’t think Sisco is going to be adequate on the left side of the infield.    He’s slow afoot and doesn’t have a particularly strong arm.   

Archived