An Early Look at the 2020 Draft's Top Prospects

Best player obviously. But after watching Gerrit Cole mow us down like the grim reaper last night I am salivating at the possibility of getting a similar TOR college arm in the next draft. If Elias & Co. think it's at all close between the top position player or top pitcher I'm hoping he opts for the arm.

Baseball America has the Georgia pitcher Emerson Hancock going #1 to the O's.

Hancock was outshined by fellow Georgia product D.L. Hall in high school, but the now-Georgia ace has a good chance to beat Hall’s No. 21 selection in the 2017 draft and is one of the favorites to be the first overall pick. After a middling freshman season, Hancock broke out as a sophomore and was one of the best college pitchers in the country. He has plus stuff across the board with a fastball that’s routinely in the upper 90s, a slider, curveball, and a changeup.

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Georgia-Baseball-Emerson-Hancock-Cole-Wilcox-2020-MLB-Draft-132648975/

• Upvote 1

I want a college position player to take a step forward and claim 1-1, Freddy Zamora and Austin Martin are my preferred candidates to do that. Zamora by continuing his growth as a hitter, adding more physicality. Martin by sliding over to shortstop and showing the ability to stick there.

18 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I want a college position player to take a step forward and claim 1-1, Freddy Zamora and Austin Martin are my preferred candidates to do that. Zamora by continuing his growth as a hitter, adding more physicality. Martin by sliding over to shortstop and showing the ability to stick there.

Oh boy. If Austin Martin could stick at SS, or we see Gunnar over the next 12 months and see he could stick at SS, that could be a very nice left side of the infield of our future.

19 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Oh boy. If Austin Martin could stick at SS, or we see Gunnar over the next 12 months and see he could stick at SS, that could be a very nice left side of the infield of our future.

I've really liked what I've read about Martin. He seems like the type of guy who could make a Rutschman-type move to the top next season if his power develops. We need infield prospects pretty desperately. Sounds like a Keston Hiura type, but could play the left side of the infield potentially. 

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

I've really liked what I've read about Martin. He seems like the type of guy who could make a Rutschman-type move to the top next season if his power develops. We need infield prospects pretty desperately. Sounds like a Keston Hiura type, but could play the left side of the infield potentially. 

Retweet. I’ll be following him and Hancock next year I think.